Chapter 25 : Marriage

"WHAT?!" Freya exclaimed after hearing the news that just came out from her father's mouth.

The Duke's brows rose. "You can't refuse anymore, the emperor and I have already set the date of your wedding day."

She led out a sigh. I guess there's no way out. . . I have to make a new plan, whatever happens let's not get too close to the Crown Prince.

"I understand, Father." She said as she lowers her gaze, finally accepting her fate.

Not only that she felt a bit sad, she'll never get to see the Grand Duke once again who left her with so many memories.

Although he can be so annoying, I'll miss him. . . But I have to move forward on my own, he can deal with wanting to take the crown himself from now on.

"Be on your best behavior this evening Freya as we'll be seeing and have a talk with the Royal Family." This gave her chills.

She haven't met the Empress, but one thing she remembers about her is that she didn't like Freya. The empress despised the old Freya. . .

After that short discussion, Freya went on her room optimistic about the situation. Thinking that finally getting married to the Prince might increase her social status and a higher chance of survival.

Tia ran up to her, she looked worried as Freya notices she gave her a smile.

"Milady, are you alright?"

Freya nods. "I'm alright, I'm getting married to the Crown Prince."

Tia's eyes widened in disbelief. "Are you alright with that?" She asks.

"Of course!" She replied instantly as she clings unto Tia's arm as they start to walk back to her chamber. "We're engaged, getting wed is already expected."

Disappointment can be seen in Tia's face as they continue walking down the hall. Freya sighs.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

Tia shookt her head sideways. "Nothing milady, it's just that. . . What about the Grand Duke?" Freya scoffs.

"He can go on without me afterall he has a much higher status than I do, and besides there's nothing between us." She clarifies.

"I'm not convinced milady, you seem to–" she was cut short off after Freya covers her mouth with her two hands.

"Shh, from now on we don't speak or talk about the Grand Duke, okay?" She says which Tia nods.

"Forgive me , I just want you to be happy milady." She says with her head down low as they walk through the chamber doors.

Freya gave her a smile to assure her. "I will be happy, so you don't have to worry about me because I'll be happy if I do well."

Freya gulped upon walking into the big dining hall where the whole Royal Family has already seated. She took a deep breath before she walked confidently towards the chair next to the crown prince.

They exchanged gazes. She felt something odd about the Prince, he didn't seem to be excited unlike how he was before.

She shifted her gaze to the Empress who's looking quite intimidating. She looks like the boss round in the whole game.

After she was seated, she felt the tension grew. "Now that my daughter's here, let's continue with the discussion." The Duke said to break that silence off.

"I'd like to have a feast after the wedding ceremony at the church, this will be a very big day for everyone." The Emperor spoke.

As they continue to talk about the what'll happen she met the Empress' gaze, she felt little in some way just with her mere look at her.

The Empress has a very high status, she'll be great as my ally. I'll make her like me, for a person like her with everyone will atleast try please her. Making her an enemy would be a dead end.

Freya gave a sweet smile to the Empress, but the empress just gave her and forced one. This was expected.

"Freya," she was startled after hearing her Father's voice call unto her.

"Yes father?"

"Do you have certain concerns about–"

"Pardon me, Reijan." The Empress cut him short, even calling the Duke by his first name.

Are they even close?

"But it seems that your daughter ain't really taking part, are you certain that she'll wed my son?" She said and shifted her gaze without tilting her head to Freya.

Freya parted her lips as she was about to talk.

"Say it dear, you love someone else don't you? Say you want to break this engagement off. . And that's because–"

"Your Majesty, this engagement has took it's course for a long period of time isn't it time for us to finally get married? If I wanted to break this engagement off for someone else, I would've ran away. ." Her brows rose as if currently testing me. "I always get what I want and this is what I want. Pardon."

Due to that mid intense conversation, Freya decided to walk away. She went to their indoor garden. . This was once the garden Felix told her that she hated.

Strange, because she felt drawn to this place instead. She wanted to calm herself down, she doesn't want to talk more. She's afraid she might tell something that'll worsen the atmosphere in that room.

Shortly after, she felt someone's presence behind her. "Forgive my Mother Freya. ." Zavier sat beside her with around 2 inches away.

"It shouldn't be a big deal, Zavier."

Zavier's eyes widened. "You called me by my first name again." He uttered.

Freya looks at him. "So?"

"Nothing, I'm just glad. After you fell down the stairs everything seems different about you." Freya felt nervous. "I guess I'll have to return back from the start."

"What do you mean?" She asks as she titled her head to the side.

He smiles. "I'll make you love me again as much as you fell for me the first time 'round."

This, she felt touched. . . By his sweet sweet words.

She then held his hand. "I'm sorry for being mean to you, I guess things happened but we'll be working it out right?"

"Yes." He said as he smiled looking into her eyes. . .

I've fallen so much more for you, Freya.