34

It's been a week since you were excommunicated from the Todoroki household, and in that time Endeavor decided to reveal his son's miraculous survival to the public, coincidentally never mentioning you.

At least Touya would be able to go to school again. At least he'd be closer to having a normal life.

The worst part of the whole ordeal was breaking the news to Keigo, who already didn't have much to begin with.

It was easy to tell the bird boy was sad, but he tried to hide it as best as he could for you.

Though he'd lost his friend, he found comfort in the fact that you'd still be there for him.

~FLASHBACK~

"Hey Keigo,"

He smiled as he turned towards you,
"Hi Mister (L/n)!"

He looked behind you curiously,
"Where's Dabi? Is he here?"

You sighed before patting his head,
"I'm sorry Keigo, but he can't come to play anymore,"

A shocked expression quickly flashed over his face before there was just a look of disappointment.

He should've known that good things didn't last.

He felt your arms wrapping around him in a hug,
"I'm sorry Keigo, I really am,"

"It's okay..."
He mumbled while hugging you back.

He looked up at you with hopeful eyes,
"Would you stay with me? I don't want to be alone..."

"Of course,"

You sat down on a bench and let the boy lay his head in your lap.

Immense guilt flooded your system. You knew there wasn't too much that brought joy to the bird-boy, and now another source of happiness was taken away from him.

~END OF FLASHBACK~

At least Tenko was enjoying himself. Having you every day was much better than only having you a few times a week!

Don't get him wrong, he loved his pro-hero father, but you were the one who found him, you were the one who helped him when no one else would, and for that reason you'd always be his favorite person.

"Papa, my face is itchy!"

"Oh poor boy, bring your lotion over here, I'll help you put it on,"

He quickly ran to the bathroom before combing back to you, handing you the bottle of bougie lotion.

You put some on your hands before rubbing it on his face, making sure to spread it evenly.

"There, all better?"

He nodded with a smile,
"You do it way better than Papa-Toshinori!"

You tilted your head with an amused expression,
"Really now?"

An earnest expression was on his face as he nodded,
"Mhm! His hands are way too big!"