41

"END THEM, FUYUMI!"

You got a weird look from the other people in the area and you promptly apologized for your comment.

"I mean... you got this, Fuyumi!"

Currently you were at Fuyumi's school which was hosting a sports event for all the students. The twist? No quirks allowed if possible.

"Why don't you cheer for your sister?"

Touya scoffed,
"Because she's just handing out water right now, her event isn't even for another fifteen minutes,"

The teen was right, meaning you had just cheered on a girl giving water.

"Well when she does go, make sure to cheer her on, alright?"

The three boys nodded their heads.

"Will I have to do this too when I'm older?"
Shoto asked.

You shrugged,
"It really depends. The school you might go to might have different events, and could also allow quirks,"

Personally the little boy didn't want to do something like this, it all seemed like so much work! He did like the headbands some of the people were wearing though...

"Mr. (L/n), I'm bored!"

You pulled some thin books and crayons out of your bag,
"I've got coloring books,"

Natsuo groaned,
"Those are for babies! And besides, only Shoto likes coloring books!"

You handed the coloring books to the five year old while you rummaged through your bag to find something for Natsuo.

Granola bar? No. Pepper spray? No. Wait, why were you looking through your bag when you could just think something up?

After a moment of concentration, a handheld telescope appears in the boy's hands.

"Woah, thanks!"

"No problem Natsuo, just make sure to pay attention when it's your sister's turn to run,"

Soon Touya was looking at you expectantly. You sighed and made him a telescope too.

At least Shoto seemed satisfied with what he had, coloring in his little coloring books on your lap.

~•~

Fuyumi's event was a baton pass, with her being the final runner. When she got in her place, you quickly got the children to focus on it, taking away their activities so they wouldn't get distracted.

For the most part, her team was in the lead, consistently being ahead of the others.

But then tragedy struck, the girl who was supposed to pass the baton to Fuyumi tripped!

Shoto looked up to you with concern,
"What's gonna happen now?"

"We just gotta hope Fuyumi can pull through,"

The girl eventually got up and passed the baton to Fuyumi, who was already pretty behind the other runners.

You and the Todoroki boys cheered your lungs off for her, all in hopes that it'd be enough to help her win.

~•~

"Third place is great, Fuyumi!"

"There were only three teams,"
Touya mumbled.

"I heard that, Touya. You did great either way, Fuyumi. Especially considering the little mishap,"

She sighed,
"Yeah, but I still really hoped we'd win. That trophy would've looked real nice on my shelf,"

"Well you may not have a trophy, but I believe that ice cream would be a fitting substitute,"

She smiled while her younger siblings cheered for the cold treat that'd soon be in their grasp.

~•~

"Tenko, I'm home! I brought ice cream too!"

Your son rushed over to you faster than he'd ever before, and his hug was brief as he was itching to get his sweet treat.

"Thank you papa!"

A smile formed on your face as you patted his head,
"Of course, kiddo,"

________________________
Homegirl lost the race