Sidestory: Izuku Midoriya pt1

"You're looking gorgeous as ever, Inko,"

The woman chuckled with a laugh,
"You're such a flirt, (y/n),"

She sat down at the seat in front of you, hesitant to pick up the menu knowing everything would be way out of her budget.

You gave her a smile,
"I mean it, Inko,"

She smiled back at it,
"I know you do,"

The two of you had been set up together by Mitsuki, who had gotten tired of seeing her friend devote all of her time towards her son and and her housework.

Inko deserved to have a little fun! And you'd be the perfect way to make that happen!

It started with a blind date, and from there, the two of you would eat lunch together every week, filling each other in on your lives.

And gradually, the two of you fell in love.

When her husband first started working abroad, they managed to keep their relationship stable. But he was gone for too long, and soon the two of them barely interacted.

So they got a divorce.

The worst part? Little Izuku didn't seem to mind.

Her son was so used to his own father not being present that the divorce didn't mean much to him.

Inko would have full custody of Izuku, and her husband would still send her money to keep the apartment afloat. It wasn't like they hated each other, in fact, it was a pretty amicable divorce. After spending so much time apart, it seemed like they'd just fallen out of love.

But you were different. You reassured her that you'd be there for her when she needed you, that you wouldn't just disappear.

That's what made her fall for you.

She didn't mind that you were quirkless, considering the fact her own son was quirkless, this made her like you even more!

Speaking about her son...

"Inko, when are you going to let me meet little Izuku? You've told me so much about him, but I've yet to see him in person,"
You asked.

"O-oh, well I..."
She trailed off, focusing her gaze on the menu.

"It's alright if you don't want me to meet him yet, I understand. But you do know that at some point I will have to meet him, right?"

She sighed, putting the menu down.
"I know, it's just that I'm not sure how he'd react to us,"

You raised a brow,
"You still haven't told him you're seeing someone?"

"Well it's kind of hard to bring up to your five year old that you have a boyfriend,"

You gave her a funny look, and she caved.

"Alright, alright, I know I'm just making excuses. I'll tell him when he comes home from school,"

A satisfied smile formed on your lips, and the rest of the date went smoothly, with Inko being especially happy that you paid for her meal. What a gentleman you were!