4. Meet the Cullens

Today was strange, to say the least. First, a Di-immortal bumped into us and offered to show us the way then more of they came and asked us to sit with them. I can't have one, just one, normal school year. At least none of my teachers are monsters. Just a coven of cold ones, a pack of shifters and a centaur here, and a wood nymph there. All normal. Nico was fucking freaking out, it was so bad he started saying Greek.

After calming him down, the hard way, we went to class. Dio being amazing emailed the school before we came informing them that we are unable to do sport due to some bullshit. He wasn't lying about not being able to play sport. Our powers spike when we're mad and we both so happen to be some of the most competitive demigods ever. Thalia included.

We had every class together, thanks to Chiron. At lunch, we headed to the cafeteria only to be pulled away by cold hands. The Di-immortals from this morning stood in front of us. "Will you sit with us?" A pixie like one asked. "Alice, they just got here, calm down." The blonde girl scolded. "It's alright," I interfere, they don't seem dangerous. 'Should we sit with them?' I ask Nico in my mind. He responds with a 'yes', "We'd love to sit by you guys. If we're not intruding." I finish. They all sigh in relief, thinking I couldn't hear them, "Perfect, let's go." A guy who looks as if he could fight a bear said.

As we entered, all eye were on us, I heard Isabella ask who they were, and that got me thinking I didn't even know. I know the pixies name is Alice, that's about it. "What are your names?" A bronze haired boy asks. "Elizabeth and Nico. Yours?" Nico said, almost showing his nerves. I place my hand on his and rub my thumb on his knuckles. They all stiffened at my action. The bear guy was first to answer. "I'm Emmett, this is my girlfriend Rosalie-" I nodded, looking back at Emmett to continue, "You already know Alice, that's her boyfriend Jasper and lastly Edward." I look around the table, memorizing their names and faces. Jasper spoke worriedly and broke me out of my trance, "Shouldn't you both eat?"No." Nico's answer seemed to confuse them, so I added, "We don't eat a lot, doctors' orders. It's a thing that runs in the family." At that, they all seemed to relax. "You're siblings?" Emmett asked, sounding way to relieved in my opinion. "Yes. Why do you ask?" Nico shot back, and I grabbed his hand tracing circles everywhere I could. 'It's okay, breathe Nico. I've got you.' He nodded slowly at that. "You both seemed so close, sorry to offend you." Edward said, looking confused. I nodded and smiled.

Jasper POV

I don't have to be an empath to know Nico was stressed. He wasn't breathing much and was sitting up straight, Elizabeth was far more relaxed she had her legs crossed and layed back in her seat. She looked calm but ready to kill us if need be, and I don't know why, but I have a feeling that she could kill us.

To confirm my suspicion, Edward nods, silently saying we all feel it. Rose is busy talking about fashion, and Alice is pitching in here and there, Elizabeth has the same taste as them but likes her oversized stuff aswell. Rose then proceeded to ask Emmett if she could wear his hoodies, and Alice asked me. We both said yes because who would say no?

Nico engaged in a conversation with Emmett and I about video games, sports, and cars. Then, the girls decided to invite them over to hang out on Friday. Both seemed skeptical about the offer but agreed anyway. Edward was staring at the Chief's daughter Isabella Swan.

I then hear a ping of my phone, pulling it out. I saw a message from Carlisle asking if I met her. I responded with a yes and informed him about Friday, then said goodbye as the bell just rang.

Nico and Elizabeth stood up, said goodbye, and Elizabeth hugged all of us. "Goodbye Elizabeth, see you tomorrow." Rose said visibly sad about needed to leave. "You guys can call me Liz, Lizzie, or Beth, whichever you prefer. My name is far too long." "Then call me Rose, please." This stunned us. Rose never let anyone but family call her that.

Liz nodded and waved goodbye, grabbing Nico's hand and walking out. "I can't hear the three's thoughts." Edward's voice laced with irritation and confusion. "I cant tell their emotions either." I added. We all looked between each other worried but nodded a farewell to leave to our next lesson.

Edward POV

When I entered biology, I sat in my normal seat, and the Swan girl walked in. She stood in front of the fan and her sent blowing to me. She is my blood singer. Crap. The teacher pointed to my desk, telling her to sit next to me.

I moved so I didn't have to be near her. I did the work fast without spearing her a glance. A few seconds before the bell rang, I was already out of the class needing to be home. I meet my family at our cars and ready to jump in and drive out the parking lot before the rest come out.

Just then, I see Elizabeth and Nico sitting in their car, and she's... cleaning a cut on his collar bone? It looked deep, maybe enough to kill someone. I stopped my car, ignoring the questions my family are asking and walking to the Jeep. I knock on their door, and Elizabeth opens the window, asking me if I need anything. "I can help Nico. Our dad is a doctor." She nodded, opening the door, allowing me to see how deep the cut really is. "What happened?" My voice showed my concern. Was she hurt as well? It looks like an ambush type of thing. "Don't worry about it." Was her answer, but I was worrying a shit ton.

Jasper then appeared, asking if he could check her. "I'm fine a few cuts, nothing that will kill me." She answered, looking at Nico as if having a conversation in their minds. I finish cleaning the cut and closing it with a gauze. Nico didn't once flinch during the whole thing. They were used to being hurt. Who else carries a first aid kit in their car?

They said their goodbyes and drove off fast.