21. Back to Camp

"I don't wanna go." Nico groaned from his bed as I finished packing. "Nico... I'm not asking again. Get your lazy ass up and ready to leave. Now." I sighed, shooting a glare at my brother. "No." He quipped. Raising an eyebrow at the boy, still laying under his sheets, silently questioning if he really wanted to start. "Fineee." He rolled his eyes, getting up and moving towards the bathroom.

"We leave in half an hour, Nico." I shouted so he could hear me. "What the fuck? Why didn't you wake me earlier?" He yelled from the bathroom where he was now throwing stuff into his bag hurriedly. "Are you fucking serious?" Agitated I spat. "I was trying to wake you from 5. βλάκας." I furiously said. He ran over to his cupboard, pulling out random clothing items and shoving them into his bag as well. I zipped up my bag, finished. "Breakfast?" I asked as I made my way to the door. "Please, Liz." He smiled before moving to hastily pack again.

Walking downstairs, I see a tired Charlie. "Are you sure you will be fine alone, uncle?" I softly asked him as I pulled out ingredients to make pancakes. "Yes, Lizzie, I'll be fine." He grinned at me. I slowly nodded, I didn't want to leave him here with Isabella, but I had no other options.

We fell into a calm silence as I finished making breakfast. " Nico!" I yelled, "Foods ready." After a few seconds, I heard said brother running down the stairs. "Thanks, Lizzie." He softly smiled, his hair still messy and still in his PJ's. "Mm." I hummed, digging into my own portion of food. "You almost done?" I asked, breaking the silence. "Yip. Just need to pack my weapons." He replied.

We returned to the room to finalize the packing. "Done!" I sighed happily. "Me too."

○●○●○

Fortunately, this car ride was not awkward in the slightest. My mate made an effort to talk about anything and everything. "I'm still skeptical about this war, Αγάπη μου." Aro rubbed his temples, trying to ease a non-existent headache. "I know, but I've fought in one war. Why not help in another? Their going to need it." I tried explaining to ease their stress. "But why can't we fight alongside side you, Tesoro?" Marcus inquired sweetly. "We're not fighting, loves. End of story." I dismissed, I could negotiate many things, but this? This I was hell-bent on making sure they didn't step foot on the battlefield. "If you think it's for the best, darling." Carlisle exhaled deeply.

"So... do I get to help decorate this wing we'll be living in?" I grinned at the thought. "If you would like, you could design the entire thing, Cara Mia." Cauis smiled at my excited face. "Really?" I grinned. They all hummed in agreement. I can't wait.

My thoughts were interrupted by Carlisle clearing his throat. "Where will we stay?" "My cabin. Nico will also be there, though." I explained, still smiling. He smiled softly at me.
"That's fine, love." I didn't reply. Just sat there silently, soaking up the peace for a moment. Knowing there wouldn't be much at camp.

Aro POV:

Lizzie became quiet after her conversation with Carlisle but we didn't bother her as she looked calmer than I had seen her in a while. She looked so at peace and happy at the moment I didn't want to ruin that. Her eyes were closed and she had rested her head on my brothers head.

We pulled up by the camp as the sun began setting. "Lizzie darling." I whispered in her ear. After receiving no response I just picked her up myself and set off to the direction I saw two people standing.

~~~
This is more of a filled chapter but I hope you enjoy regardless.
Enjoy the rest of your day/night.