11. Volturi

Recap

Felix and Dimitri opened the two heavy looking doors with ease. There I came face to face with the three men in Carlisle's painting.

"Shit."

----------------

Aro POV

My brothers and I sat in the throne room waiting for Jane, Dimitri and Felix to bring back the Cullen. Edward Cullen had come asking us to end his life over some pathetic human girl, who killed herself because he left her. He is willing to waist all his amazing abilities for a bloodsinger. Not even a mate. As we were waiting Caius was the first to point out the intoxicating smell that blew through the castle saying, "Brothers, you do smell it to. Don't you?" A smile played at my lips hearing Marcus' confirmation. "Aro look." Marcus gasped.

Quickly i grabbed his outstretched hand. Just then the door to the throne room opened, "Shit."

Alice POV

Once Bella took off I got pulled into a vision almost instantly. Although this vision was more like a nightmare. Carlisle was going to kill me and if he didn't Rose would. Jasper and Rose have been cold to the entire family ever since we left. Even going as far as to leave the room when we enter. Emmett joined them in the silent treatment after Edward left. Claiming that if he wasn't going to be here why did we leave.

The vision panned out showing Liz smiling looking up at somebody I couldn't see, but was clearly not Carlisle, love filling her eyes. "I shouldn't have brought you here." My voice held so much regret it was painfully obvious that I saw something terrible. Lizzie's looked at me with worrying eyes.

As we approach Bella and Edward I whispered that I was sorry one last time. Edward's head snapped to look at me, his face flooded with horror, "Why in hell's name did you bring her?" he spat angrily.
"I didn't know." I snapped back all my worry replaced with anger. "Can one of you two tell me what the fuck your talking about?" Flinching at the rage in Lizzie's voice. Edward looked down like a child in trouble. He muttered something about calling Carlisle which was hopeless as Carlisle was attempting to break the mate bond with her.

Liz was a few steps away when Edward whisper yelled, "Carlisle's doing what?" "Killing himself." I shot back bluntly. "Thanks to you he doesn't think Lizzie will forgive him for hurting her after promising not to." He looked crushed, knowing he was to blame.

As Lizzie walked back Dimitri and Felix walked over calmly demanding that we follow. Just as Edward was commenting on how we no longer needed them, Jane walked out the shadows forcing us to go. As we walked to the throne room I noticed Lizzie getting slower and limping. 'Crap.' I thought 'She broke her leg a few days ago.' Edward glared at me looking ready to kill.

How could I be so stupid. I've never liked Liz and Carlisle has taken note of Edward's and my distaste for her, here an am having dragged her from her home while she's in pain and not batting an eyelash to it. I am in so much shit when I get home. Receiving a nod from Edward I mentally scolded myself.

In the corner of my eye I could see Dimitri and Felix slowing down looking at her with a worried expression. I shot a glance to Edward seeing that he too shares my concerns. Jane headed to them as well shocking me more. We all stood in silence as we waited for the elevator to reach the floor.

As we walked to the throne room I noticed the tension in the air thicken. We all came to a stop a few feet away from the door. Jane then pushed the door open. I stole a glance at the king's to see them all share the same shocked look.