35. like we're made of starlight

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE.
narrative and instagram

march 2, 2023: watertown, minnesota

I smile as Caitlin sets her bag in my car. Bluder is allowing Monika to stay with her family and letting Caitlin stay with me and my family during the trip to Minnesota. Caitlin had texted me when they got to the hotel, so I knew when to come get her. The girls got a double-bye for the Big Ten Tournament, immediately going to the quarterfinals against Purdue. That game was tomorrow.

"Hi, love," I say softly, hugging her over the center console.

She smiles, "Hi, pretty girl," she replies, grabbing ahold of my hand after I put the car in drive. Her thumb glides over my knuckles as I drive, the two of us talking about the game tomorrow and the games that went on today.

I grab her bag when we get to the house, much to her protest, but that didn't bother me. We walk inside together, my family having a scream movie binge. They all wave to Caitlin, Alina and mom getting up to hug her.

I go upstairs, setting her bag in my bedroom. I know Caitlin follows me, hearing her footsteps all the way up the stairs. She's seen my room before, having visited family with me before we started dating.

She wraps her arms around my waist gently, her hand sliding under my hoodie and t-shirt to rub my back. My arms go around her neck as she kisses my temple down to my neck, resting her head in the crook of my neck.

"Do you want to go watch movies with them or go to bed?" I ask her softly, feeling her hand move slowly up and down my spine. The girls have an early morning tomorrow, but it's not too late, she just looks tired.

She shrugs, pulling back a little, keeping her arms around me, "I wanna spend time with them, so movies," she says as if she doesn't have the next five days to spend with my family.

I nod, cupping her cheeks gently. Her face turns red as I smile at her, the corners of her lips turning up. My hands slide down to her neck, thumbs brushing her jaw softly. Since she's taller than me, I rise up on the tips of my toes, pressing a kiss to her lips.

She smiles, kissing me back, her grip around my waist tightening as she pulls me closer to her body. I pull away after a few moments, biting my bottom lip to keep a smile in.

"Let's go downstairs," I whisper, taking her hand in mine and leading her down to the living room.

notcaitlinclark22

liked by maybekate and othersnotcaitlinclark22, lover <3tagged, lilyssecretspot

notcaitlinclark22, lover <3
tagged, lilyssecretspot

view comments. . .

lilyssecretspot, <3

monc25, fav girls 🤍
— notcaitlinclark22, love you mon

meanarina, super cute!
comment liked by notcaitlinclark22 and lilyssecretspot

taylorclarkgrant, moms!!
— notcaitlinclark22, daughter!!

authors note
i am so tired