44. months and months of back and forth

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR.
instagram and narrative

march 8, 2023: iowa

lilygrant

liked by haileyvanlith and otherslilygrant, what a road trip with caitlin and i looks like :)tagged, caitlinclark22

lilygrant, what a road trip with caitlin and i looks like :)
tagged, caitlinclark22

view comments. . .

username1, where'd they go 👀👀

alinagrant, miss u guys already!!

paigebueckers, next time: a road trip with you, caitlin, and i and you come to connecticut
— lilygrant, i'm down ‼️ caitlinclark22 ?
— caitlinclark22, YES PLEASE

caitlinclark22, fav road trip partner 🤍
comment liked by lilygrant

username2, GRACIE STAN???
— lilygrant, FOREVER & ALWAYS (this is me converting caitlin into a gracie fan too)

username3, that sunset!!
comment liked by lilygrant

sabrinalucia, my favorite love birds <3
comment deleted by lilygrant

sydney.affolter, the cats, tay, and i miss you guys come home!!
— lilygrant, we're almost home i promise !!

Caitlin and I had just gotten into Iowa when I posted on Instagram. We stopped at a gas station to fill up my car and luckily, I stayed on the app after I posted it, catching Sabrina's comment immediately.

I sigh and shake my head, deleting the comment as Caitlin slips back into the car, "What's wrong?" she questions, opening Instagram on her own phone to look at my post.

"Sabrina commented "my favorite love birds" on my post. I deleted it, but it's just irritating me," I tell my girlfriend who is now rolling her eyes in agreement with me.

Caitlin clenches her jaw a little bit as I adjust my settings on Instagram, Sabrina not being allowed to comment anymore.

"What the fuck is her problem lately?" Caitlin questions and I shrug, "I don't get it and it's fucking annoying. How many times have we told her to be quiet?"

"One too many," I reply as Caitlin turns back onto the road.

She nods, "Exactly. She can literally text one us if she wants to say anything like that and if she wants to comment, then it doesn't need to be about our relationship. I don't get how she doesn't understand that."

I nod in agreement, squeezing her hand a bit to calm her down. She glances at me, her eyes going back to the road only a few seconds later, "Did Syd or Taylor text you about how the cats are?" she asks, changing the subject. Before all of the other girls left, I gave Taylor my key and asked if she could go check on the cats when they got home. Sydney just asked if she could join and obviously, I said yes.

"I asked Sydney, she said they were good. Taylor fell asleep on the couch with Zigs," I say and Caitlin smiles.

"I'm ready to be home," she says gently, taking a deep breath.

I nod, kissing the back of her hand, "I am too."

authors note
someone punch sabrina challenge