53. you will never learn your lesson

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE.
narrative
tw: homophobia

march 25, 2023: seattle, washington

The next morning, I actually feel good, surprisingly. It's like I wasn't even sick. I'm standing in the bathroom, putting on a little bit of makeup before we leave. The girls have media and practice and I could not stand being in this room alone for another full day. I've changed into leggings and a hoodie which is actually another one of Caitlin's, with her name and number on the back.

"Kate and Gabbie are gonna come hang out for a bit before we have to go," Caitlin says loud enough so Monika and I can both hear her.

"Okay," I called back, putting down the mascara I just got done applying before stepping out of the bathroom, turning the light off as I left. "Have I told you how beautiful you are this morning?" Cait asks as she pulls me toward her by my waist, leaving me to stop myself with my hands pressed against her chest and I giggle.

"You're going to make me blush." I say softly.

I hear Mon pretend to throw up, "You promised not to make me feel like a third wheel and that promise is slowly being broken right now!"

Caitlin turns around to Monika, "You're rooming with a couple. That promise wasn't very solid to begin with," she says with a small chuckle and Monika just stares at the two of us, but she can never be mad at us for very long. Caitlin turns back to me with a small smile on her lips.

"I still don't appreciate it, please keep your best friend in mind when you start all the PDA," Monika says and I cannot help giggling in response.

Caitlin just kisses my head gently before letting one of her hands drop, "Lets respect our elder," she teases and very quickly, a pillow is hurled at her from the blonde on her bed. Caitlin grabs the pillow, chucking it right back at Monika.

"Holy shit, Cait! We have media today, I can't not have a head," Mon shrieks which makes me laugh uncontrollably.

"You brought this on yourself, Mon, face the music!" I say as I watch the two interact with one another. Caitlin rushes over and grabs a pillow from our bed, hitting Monika with it, the blonde retaliating with her own pillow quickly. They were bickering about something unbeknownst to me as there were three knocks on our hotel room door. "They're here!" I say as I clap my hands together and skip to the door to let Kate and Gabbie in. Caitlin and Monika barely hear me.

"Look at our little firecracker! She's up and moving!" Kate says as she quickly engulfs me in a hug before I could tell her to distance herself so she doesn't get whatever I had or have left. I hadn't seen Kate since shoot around when I left and I normally see her everyday.

I smile widely, "Hi, K," I say as she squeezes me tightly before releasing me.

"You're feeling better? Like good?" she asks, her hands pressed to my shoulders.