2. 𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐇

●○●○●○●○●○●

Mari sat on the arm of the chair Ethan was sitting on. She had her arm wrapped around his shoulders. Ethan leaned back into her arm, smiling.

As the new reporter was talking about a person who had gotten murdered, Mari realized something.

"Holy shit, that's the chode from our film studies class! The one obsessed with Argento." She pointed out.

"Also at the scene we're various Ghostface costumes, a character popularized by the 'Stab' movie franchise." The news reporter spoke, catching Tara and Sam's attention.

"Pack a bag, we leave in ten." Sam announced, walking off.

Mari immediately knew why they had reacted like that. Sam told her about what happened with Richie and Amber. Ethan leaned forward, intrigued.

Tara followed her. "Wait. Sam, wait!"

"We're getting out the of the city."

"What?" Mysterious guy asked.

Chad put his hands on the man's shoulders, Mari guessed he was one of Sam's 'friends'.

"Thank you, suspicious new guy, but we got it from here. Have a good night, get home safe." Chad pushed him out.

Mari looked at the man and frowned. He wasn't exactly good looking.

Ethan and Mari looked at each other, Mari shrugged and Ethan leaned his head onto her side.

Mari's face flushed red, catching Anika's attention. She wiggled her eyebrows at Mari causing her to look away, flustered.

Did Mari have a big 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡 on Ethan?

She pushed the thought back but it kept entering her mind. Soon after, Mari zoned out.

"Chad, Mindy, Mari, back me up." Sam said, looking at the three.

"Well, I mean..." Mari started, agreeing with Sam like she wasn't just zoned out seconds ago.

"It is a little bit..." Chad continued.

"Close to home." Mindy finished.

"See?" Sam looked at Tara.

"Quinn, your dad's a cop, right? Can you call him and find out what's going on?" Tara questioned, turning her attention to Quinn.

"I'm calling him now." Quinn replied, pulling out her phone.

Mari rested her arm on top of Ethan's head, finding this whole scene entertaining.

Suddenly, the phone rang. Everyone jumped and stared at it, except Ethan.

"Why did everyone just freak out when her phone rang?" Ethan asked, clueless.

Mari rolled her eyes, "You gotta keep up, my dude."

"Sam? My dad wants to talk to you." Quinn handed the phone to her. Turns out, Detective Bailey wanted Sam to come down to the station for whatever reason.

Tara and Sam left, leaving the rest of the group at their dorm. Mari sat on the ground, feeling uncomfortable from sitting on the arm of the chair.

She leaned her head up against Ethan's leg, she could feel him staring at her the whole time. Mari took her phone out of her pocket to see her mom was calling her.

"Guys, I gotta go." She stated, standing up. Ethan complained but eventually let her leave.

???'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I smirked and put the mask on, hiding on the side of a building. I took a phone out and dialed Sam's number once I saw her and Tara.

They both stopped right where I wanted them, "What the fuck." Tara said quietly. Gosh, it was so entertaining, watching them be confused and afraid.

"I never deleted his contact." Sam spoke. Tara told her older sister not to pick it up but she did anyway. Exactly what I wanted.

"Who is this?"

"Hello, Samantha. Did you miss me?" I taunted, using my voice box.

"I want you to think long and hard about whether you really want to do this. Because the last two people that fucked with us, ended up dead."

I rolled my eyes at her tone, "You should be thanking me, Sam. Jason and Greg we're gonna kill you and your sister. I gutted them before they had the chance.

"So what? You're protecting us now?" Sam asked, looking at her surroundings.

"Hell no, i'm going to show the world who you really are: A liar and a killer. I'm going to kill you Samantha Carpenter."

"You shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet, asshole."

"Don't be cute, you're gonna pay for what you did. And I won't stop until I butcher you. You and anyone who gets between us! You and Tara better watch your backs." I laughed.

With that, I put the phone in my pocket and ran out of the shadows, grabbing Tara and trying to stab her. They both pushed me into a bunch of bikes, making me more angrier.

They started running and I quickly got back up, running after the two siblings. Tara started yelling for help, like anyone was going to help them. Sam guided her into a corner store and I was in there soon after.

I walked in, looking at the cashier then the guy who stepped towards me, "You got a problem here, guy?"

I tilted my head before stabbing him three times in the stomach. The other shoppers screamed and ran out.

I looked at the girls, stepping towards them. Hearing a shotgun cock, I turned around and ducked when he went to go pull the trigger.

He went to go look for me but I was already gone. I creeped up behind him and stabbed him in the shoulder once he turned around. Grabbing his shotgun, I hit him in the head then shot him.

●○●○●○●○●○●

Mari ran back to Tara, Sam, and Quinn's dorm when she found out they were attacked at the corner store.

She opened the door to see her friends, standing there, concerned.

"Where the hell were you?" Mindy asked, walking up to Mari.

"Woah, chill, my mom called me. She does this every night! She calls me to ask me how my day went." I said truthfully.