6. 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋

●○●○●○●○●○●

"I can trace a call in under fifteen seconds." Kirby informed Mindy. Chad, Ethan, Mari, Mindy, and Kirby were in a van while Tara and Sam were outside. They were going to get a call from the killer and Kirby was going to trace it.

Ethan was sitting beside Mari, laying his head on her shoulder, eating Cheetos.

Mindy leaned forward, "Well, you've got them out there as bait."

"Because the killer usually calls from somewhere nearby." Kirby looked at her.

"This is going to work, right?" Mari asked, leaning forward as well.

"Of course, Marianna." Kirby answered.

"And you think they're safe because it's broad daylight in a public place?" Mindy continued.

"Look, I am here, okay? And so is Bailey."

"Yeah well Bailey's a m-" Mari whispered but Ethan looked at her, shaking his head. He looked serious. Mari immediately stopped talking, glad no one heard her.

"This is exactly how Chad and Mindy's Uncle Randy died though. It was broad daylight and in a public place! He was literally yanked into a van and stabbed. So, are you sure this is going to work?" Mari asked, narrowing her eyes at Kirby.

Ethan offered his Cheetos to Chad but he just stared at him. Mari could feel the tension, so she pulled the bag away from Chad.

The killer had called Sam and Kirby started tracing. She had traced the call in about fifteen seconds, like she said.

"He's on the Upper West Side. He's inside an apartment building, halfway across the city." Kirby frowned.

"So much for being nearby." Mari scoffed, earning a glare from Kirby.

"On West 96th?" Everyone heard Tara ask.

"How did you know that?"

Sam said one word, "Gale."

"Oh." Mari muttered, leaning back into Ethan. She was tired, tired of these killings. She knew that the killer at Gale's was Quinn because Ethan told her.

𝐅𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊: 𝐀𝐍 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐀𝐆𝐎

Mari was walking out of the theater with the rest of the group when Ethan pulled her back a bit.

"Quinn is alive." He whispered in her ear.

"What!? Oh hell no, so Quinn gets to live but Anika doesn't?" She whispered back rudely.

He sighed, "You know this, her body was just a prop. You already know she's a killer, therefore, she needs to stay alive. Look, I said I was sorry about Anika. Forgive me. Please, I would never hurt you."

Mari frowned, "Whatever." She began to walk away when Ethan pulled her back.

"I'm sorry, Love." He said, pulling her in for a soft kiss. She kissed back but pulled away before it could get too heated. They needed to get back to the group before they suspected anything.