5. 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒

●○●○●○●○●○●

Mari, Tara, and Mindy sat in the back of an ambulance, staring at the ground. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Ethan walk up. Her eyes immediately drifted to him.

"Chad." He spoke, looking around at the crime scene. Chad walked up to him and grabbed his shirt, slamming him into a van.

"Where were you?" He was furious.

"What? When?" Ethan acted so clueless. Mari knew he killed Anika, she just knew it. She'd have to talk to him later.

"Last night!" Chad shoved him again.

"W- I- I had Econ. You know this."
Ethan frowned, he did tell Chad and Mari that he had Econ the day before.

"Bullshit, man! You disappear, and my sister almost gets killed!" Mari was quite mad he didn't point out that Anika was dead.

"Dude, I was in a study hall with a hundred other people. You can ask any of them." Ethan raised his hands.

Ethan looked in the alley, seeing a covered body and police standing around it, "Oh, my God. Who?"

"Anika and Quinn." Chad answered, leaning up against the ambulance again.

Ethan stepped towards us, "Mindy, I'm so sorry."

"Step the fuck back. You're at the top of my list." Mindy spoke and stared at him in disgust.

"I had Econ!"

Mari got up from the ambulance and walked towards Ethan, grabbing his wrist and walking away from the group.

"Are you fucking serious Ethan? You killed my best friend? And don't act all clueless because I know it was you." She pushed him.

Ethan chuckled, "Yeah, It was me. You know this."

"Why the hell did you kill Anika? And stab me!" She looked around, making sure no one was around.

They were by another alley and no one could see them.

"I had to do it. I need revenge." He shrugged. Mari scoffed and went to go walk away when Ethan grabbed her wrist and pinned her against the alley wall.

"I promise I won't hurt you. Again." He said, their noses were almost touching.

Mari looked down, sadly. He hurt her, but she still loved him. Why? Ethan grabbed her chin and tilted her head up.

"Do you forgive me?"

Mari looked at him and sighed, "I forgive you."

He smiled and leaned in closer until their lips were touching. Mari went to go pull away but she couldn't. Her body wouldn't let her, she wanted this.

●○●○●○●○●○●

Gale was now leading the group to a place Jason and Greg rented out. Ethan was holding Mari's hand and they were both walking at the back of the group.

"Jason and Greg were little Atlanta rich boys. Apparently, they used fake names to rent this place." Gale said.

"How did you find it?" Kirby questioned her. Mari didn't like Kirby, she just put herself in this case for no reason.

"It's called 'Investigative journalism' for a reason. How didn't you find it? Weren't you tracking them?" Gale looked at her.

"Fucking stupid." Mari whispered to herself, thought Ethan heard and smirked.

"I went through their financial records dozens of times. This was not in any of them. Doesn't make sense." Kirby said.

"You don't make sense." Mari whispered again. Ethan laughed quietly, "You heard that?" She looked at him.

"Yeah."

"Don't worry, I'm just really good at my job. You'll get there." Gale smiled and walked ahead.

They all walked in and Gale was talking about how it was a shrine and a theatre. When all the lights turned on, Mari's jaw dropped.

"They've got the whole goddamn franchise." Mindy said shocked.

Mari was staring at Amber Freedman's section. She sighed and looked away, not wanting to seem suspicious. Amber was Marianna's step sister, but no one knows that.

She's never told anyone because her mother didn't want anyone to know.

"You all have been through so much." Detective Bailey spoke.

Ethan walked up to her, "Hey, I saw you staring at Amber Freedman's section."

Mari looked up at him and shrugged, "I was just looking."

He wrapped and arm around her waist and continued walking, pulling her along.

"Hey, how'd they get all this stuff? Isn't this evidence?" Tara asked.

"Well, cops like money, and evidence can get lost pretty easily. Present company excluded, of course." Gale answered her question, looking at Kirby.

"Uhm, why am I here exactly? My alibi checks out." Ethan spoke up.

"So I can keep an eye on you, roomie."

"The killer must have found this place before he murdered Jason and Greg. And then he took the masks off the mannequins. All nine, from Stu and Billy to Amber and Richie."

Mari looked over to Sam and saw her reaching her hand out to Billy Loomis' case. She walked up the steps to her.

"What are you doing?" Sam immediately took her hand off the case and looked at Mari.

"I don't know."

Everyone was standing in front of a case, except Mari, who was standing next to Sam.

"So, somebody killed these chucklefucks and took over?" Chad folded his arms over his chest.

"Someone who believes that Sam masterminded Woodsboro." Gale turned around, looking at everyone.

"If this were a normal Stab movie, this would be the killer's lair." Mindy said.

"Which means this isn't a normal Stab movie." Kirby said.

Everyone watched as Tara walked off. Mari walked over to Ethan and he grabbed her hand.

"This is crazy." She spoke, Ethan nodded.