𝟎𝟐𝟎

═════════════════════════

' Yes, rest... That's the best. '

═════════════════════════

"WHOA... WHAT'S THIS?" (Y/N) QUESTIONED as she looked over the table in their dining room. There was a whole buffet on it. She gawked at her guardian who smugly smirked at her direction while placing the plates on their table mats. "Is there... an event or some sort?"

"Nothing. If you want to recuperate properly, then this is the best way to do it," Nighteye reasoned, taking a seat in front of her. He deadpanned and opened his palm. "Payment, please."

"Give me allowance and I might give you payment."

"That is still my money."

(Y/N) laughed and sat with him. "For someone who's unbelievably stoic all the time, you sure crack a lot of jokes, Mirai-san," she said and clapped her hands to thank her guardian for the food. Itadakimasu.

Mirai harrumphed. "Why, of course." He looked at her straight in the eye and shrugged. "A world without smiles and humor has no bright future."

The girl's breath hitched at his offhand statement.

The pro hero quirked an eyebrow at her reaction. "What's wrong? Are you feeling unwell?"

(Y/N) shook her head and directed her gaze at the food in front of her. "N-No... not at all..." Unbeknownst to herself and Nighteye, that simple statement meant and gave so much impact to her. (Y/N) didn't know why, but her resolve to help and make others happy became even stronger. She snorted and grinned at her guardian's direction.

"Come on, let's eat, Mirai-san! We wouldn't want the food to get cold, would you?"

"I absolutely wouldn't. After all, this is my cooking."

"Hoho~ I can hear some cockiness there~"

"Heh. Have a cooking battle with me and we'll see who will win."

"Ha! As if I'd lose!"

"Shush, young lady. You can only cook well because of your quirk."

"Oh, you're really going at it? Come on! Call Togata-san and let him taste test!"

"Alright, I'm on it."

"That was a joke!"

Long story short, Mirio actually arrived at the apartment. Once he got inside, he immediately felt a small sweat trailing on the side of his temple after seeing (Y/N) visibly gawking at him. "Hello...?" He unsurely greeted, he was still wearing his uniform with a hand on his backpack's handle. "Sorry to disturb you...?"