𝟎𝟐𝟔

═════════════════════════

' I've never really liked every single individual but... '

═════════════════════════

TODOROKI SHOTO HELD HIS BREATH AS HE HID FROM A WALL, he was willing to do anything. To stop his father from hurting (Y/N). But, he couldn't move. Especially when the girl faced the number two hero without an ounce of fear. Her eyes were resolute and holding such conviction. It was one of the first things he noticed about her even if she wasn't so willing to be a hero. She had a conviction different from him. He didn't know what it was, but it not only captivated him, it also enraptured the attention of everyone in their class.

"You have a splendid quirk. Although, you only used illusions to get past the previous events, I believe my eyes weren't fooling me when I saw you controlling the branches of the trees in the end of the obstacle course. Just, what is your quirk?"

Todoroki flinched at his father's statement. He knew where this was going, and he didn't like it. He couldn't see his classmate's expression properly because she had her back facing him, but he could sense her confusion at his question.

"Gaia."

"Never heard of that quirk... After you graduate, you should come to our home and marry my Shoto. That way, you can produce children with prodigious quirks."

Todoroki heard his father say, making him gulp and narrow his eyes disturbingly at the floor that he was standing at. He has to intervene. He has to do something. He has to! He doesn't want (Y/N) to hear any words coming from his shitty dad's mouth. It would just hurt (Y/N)! He didn't want to see (Y/N) hurt. He wants to see her smile and be her usual easygoing and sweet self. He didn't want to hear cries coming from her. He would definitely hate that.

"Okay, I wanted to be kind to you because you're Todoroki-san's father, but yeah, you deserve no respect from me. What the fuck did you just say, you old fart?"

"What did you just call me?"

"An old fart.

Todoroki froze at his position. Why would (Y/N) say that? Why would she intentionally insult his father? She has to stop! Did she want to be hurt? No, he can't allow that! He tried to force himself to move from his position, yet he couldn't. He gritted his teeth, looking at the ground, pupils trembling in fear for his classmate.

"Are you even a father? Do you even care for Todoroki-san?"

Todoroki blinked. What? She isn't angry for herself? She's getting angry for the sake of others? Again? Why? Why isn't she running away? Why can't she just stop speaking her mind?

"Todo—Shoto... is his own person. He is him." Even Todoroki could feel the animosity rising from the girl's tone as she said that. "Why in the actual hell are you trying to control him, you manipulative piece of shit?" He had an ice and fire quirk with him, however he couldn't help but shiver at her words. (Y/N) was just saying the words he wanted to hear all this time. How is she doing that?