Northwest Mansion Mystery-Part One

A thunderstorm wrecked through the town, disrupting everything in it's path. The only thing untouched by the storm, was the shining building of Northwest Manor. Inside, the Goddess of Beauty and Riches, was preparing for a special occasion. She wore an elegant green dress as she observed a perfectly set table.

"You!" Pacifica shouted in the direction of a servant.

The servant flinched, then nervously turned to her. "Yes, My Goddess?"

"I thought I told you to put the oyster forks at an angle!" She snapped. "We're not animals, man."

"Of course," He said, bowing and went to readjust all the forks.

Pacifica sighed to herself, and looked around the manor. So far, everything was perfect. The decorations were up, all the food and drinks were ready, and the invitations were sent. For a brief moment, Pacifica felt a moment of relief, but there was tinge of nervousness.

Her pet llama, Lavender, must have sensed her unease. The animal walked up to the Goddess, rubbing her snout gently against Pacifica's arm.

Pacifica patted her in return. "I'm alright, Lav," She assured, still facing the decorated ballroom. "Everything looks perfect...I just hope they'll like it."

Suddenly, a servant walked up to her, a little gingerly she noticed. "Um, My Goddess?"

"Yeah?"

"Your..uh..parents request an audience."

Pacifica froze, a few seconds unable to speak, before she took a breath before turning to the servant. "Very well, I will be back soon. While I'm gone, make sure to put a quail in each of the gift baskets."

With that, she made her way through the halls of the manor, before eventually arriving at her room. She went inside and the first thing she did was make her way towards a giant mirror. It was pulsing light, before Pacifica tapped the glass two times, and her reflection was replaced by the image of two people.

"Hello, Father and Mother," Pacifica spoke, doing a little curtsy in front of the mirror.

Pacifica's father, Preston Northwest, smiled at her plainly. "Darling, just wanted to call to tell you that we'll be coming home first thing tomorrow."

"That's great!" Pacifica beamed.

"And I must say, I took a look at your invitation list and I love the diversity," He said. "A nice mix of millionaires and billionaires."

"Thank you—"

"Pacifica!" Pacifica's mother, Priscilla, interrupted, looking her up and down. "What are you wearing? I thought we were at an agreement that the party's theme is sea foam green, not lake foam green! Go change."

Pacifica frowned at her dress. "But, I- I kinda like it."

"Mind your mother, Pacifica," Preston told her. "You don't want to embarrass the family name, now do you?"

"But—" Pacifica was interrupted, when Preston pulled out a bell and rang it. She immediately backed down. "Yes, father."

"Good," Preston said, in approval. "Now, if things go smoothly tonight, the Northwests will remain one of the most respected earthbound Guardians of all time."

"Nothing will go wrong," Pacifica promised.

Her father looked sceptical. "Are you sure? I know you've made a name for yourself in this backwater town, but this is the first time you're in charge of such an important event."