Chapter Two

Chapter one.

"Here goes my final say, Mr Rogers here who is guilty of child abuse, domestic violence and violation of human rights and
With all of this and the strong unshakable evidently pointing at him, he shall be punished and imprisoned for Eight years with hard labour. ARISE", her voice boomed through the room followed by the hitting of her hammer on the table

The police men at stand ushered the accused who now is an offender out of the courtroom.
He didn't bother fighting them as he knew it is all over now.

But he made sure to shot her a glare filled with malice and hatred.
Arianna didn't bother breaking the eye contact neither did she show any sign of fear or intimidation.

This isn't the first and neither will it be the second, criminal showing their blatant hatred towards her but she care less.
They will be getting what they deserved anyways.... staying behind for years or forever.

She packed up her books and rose on her feet.
As she walked down the little high, a woman rushed toward her .

"Mrs Rodriguez,.oh my thank you so much for fighting for my sister and her son, thanks so much", she appreciated profusely.

Arianna smiled widely and pay the woman lightly on her shoulder.
"Your sister deserves it and so as her son, no one deserved to be treated like that",

The woman smiled in tears.

"How are they?", Arianna asked and
the woman smiled

"Marina is getting much better, Sanda resumed school yesterday",the woman replied filling her in of the information of the defendants.

Arianna nodded with a small smile.
"That's good, my regards and don't hesitate to call me if you experience any problem,okay?"

"Yes ma'am, thanks so much",the woman appreciated once more with a little bow.

"It's okay, I'll be on my way now"Arianna said and the woman nodded.
Her face beaming with excitement.

Arianna flashed her a last smile before walking away.
Her head held up in such a regal way, people admiring her as she walks.

Who wouldn't admire a woman so full of courage and authority?.
Who doesn't know her? Her name alone gives out the power and connection she has in the country.
She made a name for herself and the firm she works for.

She walked into her office which was situated at the back end of the courtroom.
Immediately she walked in, she removed her wig followed by her gown, getting out of her outfits.

Them she packed some necessary files into her arm bag, ready to go home as she is all free for the day.

"Mrs Rodriguez",, someone called with a knock on her door.

"Come in",she ordered and the person went in.

"Shirley", Arianna called surprisingly on seeing her best friend who also is a lawyer in another law firm.
They've been friends from highschool.

"Mrs Rodriguez",Shirley teased making Arianna laugh on the way she used honorifics for her.

"Mrs Temple", she teased her as well and just at the same time they burst into laughter.

"I heard of your newly won case , congratulations babe", Shirley said hugging her friend tenderly and Lovingly.

"Awn awn thanks Best", Arianna cooed grinning ear to ear .
They disengaged from the hug.

"Soo......what have you been up to?",, Arianna said and Shirley sighed.

"Been so busy girl,,had so much to do".

"I know the feeling best, I haven't been sleeping well this days as well",Arianna said..

"Well at least, you do always win your cases, mine is different
Everything just keep going down the drain ", Shirley complained with a sad look on.
Arianna signed and pat her friends back soothingly.

"It's alright best, there will be another time ",

"I know but losing that rape case is just taking a toll on me ", Shirley sighed .

"I should have given that to you,the girl deserve justice ", she added

"I know but it isn't your fault, you definitely tried your best. Those to be blamed is them, for abusing the girl and manipulating the evidence ", Arianna said calmly in an attempt to make her feel less bad.

"But I could have just tried more Shirley, the girl had so much trust in me but all I could do was fail her",

"No you didn't Shirley,you really tried your best and definitely not your fault trust me ",
Arianna paused then continue.

"We are going to give the girl justice best, we are filing another report ", Arianna said and that time Shirley eyes lit in excitement.

" Really",she beamed and Arianna nodded positively.

"We are doing this together,but I have a big one ahead of me so it isn't now", Arianna said

Shirley smiled widely in happiness,"Thanks best ",.

"Anytime girl ", Arianna smiled.
Then Shirley clapped her hand suddenly in excitement as if she remembers something.

"Come to think of it, we haven't been hanging out lately due to our works and now that we are obviously both free, why not go have girls time ?",she said and Arianne laughed lightly.

"Sure",she shrugged and Shirley beamed the more.

"Then leave we shall ",she whistled dragging Arianna out of her office.

© Adira H.