Chapter Twenty-one

They had a very big argument last night, a argument that leads to him sleeping at the guest room.
She is pleased with it actually, she can't bear to breathe in the same space with him,or even look at his face.
They both need to clear their heads.

The next morning he tried to talk to her but she didn't budge.
Doing everything to gain her attention and make her look at him, but she chooses to ignore.
She is tried of his constant lying. It's unfair.

" Love ", he called her as she walked towards the door fully dressed for work

She stopped on her track, turning her gaze to face him.
Not a single smile was on her face.

"Ermm, I thought you would want to eat something before going to work. I made breakfast"

A sarcastic scoff almost flew out of her mouth but she refrained herself.
Does he think she is just going to let go of all his lies like that? Like just easily like that? Never.

Unless he is ready to open up and talk to her about everything, she won't budge to anything he does in the house.
It's the height of it.
She can't take it anymore.

She thought he has to tell her everything so she will know how to help him about the current allegations cases, but now she is having doubt herself.

His parents said it as well, if not much.
Richard may or may not have been involved in all of those allegations.
Maybe it is true, or maybe not.

God she is so much confused.

" Love ", he called worriedly as she wasn't saying a single word. Just staring blankly at him.

She pulled out of her trance immediately, giving him a blank look she said, " nevermind, I am not hungry"

" But you can't go on an empty stomach", he probed

She sighed tiredly,"  Trust me I am not in any mood for all this drama this morning, if you know you want my forgiveness then you should be ready to talk by that time ", she said and without looking back she walked out of the house.

The feeling called fear crept into Richard's skin, giving him a whole lot of goosebumps.
Her eyes, it was so cold. She felt like a total stranger to him.

" Oh like how you are a total stranger to her? ", his mind spoke pricking his conscience.

Maybe he really needs to tell her everything, but where and how will he start from?
She will be very disappointed in him!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

" Good morning ma'am", Samantha greeted as Arianna appeared inside the firm.

" Hey Sam, good morning. How are you? ", She asked forcing out a smile.
The chaos going on in her mind could not let her smile properly.
She can't even think or act in order.
She felt disordered but she is doing a great job in concealing all of it.

" Fine ma'am ",

With a satisfactory nod, she smiled and turned to leave.

" Ma'am you have a package."

Confused and surprised at the same time, she asked, " package? When ? "

She isn't expecting anything from anyone.
Or did Nelson send her something as tomorrow is another Court session for Senator Fabian's case.

Weirdly she isn't feeling nervous or anxious for that. Maybe because she has heard enough.
Her life isn't even stable as it is.

" Yes, it came in this morning ", Samantha replied.

Shrugginly, "Okay then , bring it to my office ",she ordered lastly and dashed to her office.

Immediately she settled in , Shirley's call came in through her phone.
" Hi best", she picked, trying as much as possible in making her voice sound lively.

" Ari, are you okay? ", Shirley asked instead. A thick worry tone laced on her voice.

Yes, she had called her friend last night but she didn't pick up, then she dropped her a text.
She really needed someone to talk to that last night, her heart was too heavy.

" I saw your text, is everything okay?",

Arianna gulped," I'm fine. "

" Oh please you are not. Where are you?"

"  office "

" You know what? I will be there in a jiffy. Okay
she said immediately hanging up on the call.

Arianna sighed, rubbing on her forehead soothingly. This kind of splitting headache has been throbbing hard through her head for days now.
It kind of worsen last night.

She brought out her phone and logged  in into  social media.
She has tried to get away from all of her social media accounts since the gala night, shunning away the world by that means.

You can say she doesn't want to say or witness what the world is saying about her husband.
It may mees up her thoughts.

But today she bore that courage and decided to see for herself.
Maybe it isn't as bad as she thinks.

The first thing that appeared to her on her Instagram feeds was the whole case gaga of senator Fabian.
People throwing shades at him and praising her for her bravery at the comment section.

As she was still scrolling through her phone , her eyes caught a particular comment which seized her breath.

" Didn't they say the lawyer's husband is the likes of him, trust no one! "   ~~~~ unknown.

Just then the door barged open revealing Samantha with a blue envelope.

" Ohhh I'm sorry ma'am. I should have knocked", she apologized.
It seems she startled her a bit.

" No it's fine Samantha. Come inside", Arianna said forcing out a smile as she took a deep breath.

" This is it ma'am", Samantha said placing the blue envelope on her table, pushing it to her front.

" Hmm, thank you", she hummed picking up the envelope.

" You are welcome ma'am", she said with a smile, and then walked out of the office.

Arianna tore the paper gently, even though curiosity was eating her up big time.
It was not really a bunch of files, just a few pieces of paper but what exactly does it entains?

She took her time in going the the papers gently and carefully, taking in everything.
Whoever sent this to her really did a great job acquiring such.
These three paper copies is definitely putting an end to everything.

She is supposed to be ecstatic, yes she knows but why does she feel sour?
Why does she feel indifferent?

Maybe because her husband's name is there as well, her own Richard's name and signature is found on one piece of the evidence, the most best of it.
The most crucial piece of the evidence.

But Why?

Why is it that everything about this case she finds out, Richard must definitely be involved?
Why?

What exactly is happening?

What exactly is he hiding?

© Adira H.