Chapter Twenty Four

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't noticed someone open the door and walked in.

His life is practically going down the drain, his most deepest secretswill soon be revealed to his wife.

Allhe ever wanted is peace, to have peace. Free from burden and be happy with his wife.
But his life always end up with complications.

Never for once has life treated him better, all from birth.
The only thing he is ever grateful for us his wife, Arianna and his adopted family.

They told him in, regardless of what he is and what he did.
They took him in and treated him as their own son, going to the extent of putting his name in the family register.
Entrusting to him their hard earned wealth and properties .

And his wife, Arianna, who love him against all odds. She may be strong-headed sometimes but she is such a wonderful woman.
The woman who makes him happy, complete him.

He may have lied to her severally, breaking her trust in him but he just didn't want to lose her
For the first time in his life,he decided to be selfish, knowing she deserves more better than him.

He doesn't regret it a bit, lying to her just to keep her by his side is something he will do again if needed.
Even if he is going to lose her at the end, he will savour that moment of peace with her alone.

" Sir", a voice snapped him out of his trance.

With a flinch, he glanced up, his gaze fell on his assistant standing in his front.

" Are you alright sir", she asked worriedly, she had called his name severally before he answered.

He gulped down tight, adjusting his necktie. Everything seems to be choking down on him.

" Yes, what is it?", He replied, immediately changing the topic.

"They are here sir", she said formally.

" Ohhh… are they? ", He stressed not being a bit moved, while she nodded.

" Leave. I'll join them soon ", he said not sparing her a single glance

"Okay sir", she mumbled, finding her way out of his office.

He heaved out a long sigh, stretching his hand to take the bottle of water on the table, he gulped every drop down his throat slightly choking on it.

He may seem all composed outside, but trust me internally he is crumbling.
He is in chaos, this feeling called fear pinching the pit of his stomach.

He is restless and at the same time helpless.
His hand his tied, he can't do a thing and he knows for sure that the milk will definitely be spilled out .
Definitely.

He took long strides out of his office, taking the elevator to the 6tg floor where he entered into an office, but it is empty.

Inside that room, he walked deeper into it towards a shelf.
On getting there, he started rearranging the books as if trying to solve a puzzle.

Then suddenly, the shelf splited, opening on its own.
There was a electrical door which requires the face ID.
Placing his face correctly, a silent beep was heard and again the door opened on its own.

He walked into the dark area, pressing a botton as he got inside, immediately the door and shelf closed back and the room light illuminated .

Inside the brightened room is several files, ledgers and documents.
It seems like a keep .

He ruffled through some ledgers, looking unto them closely.
Finally getting what he wants, he picked a brown ledger.

He dusts it surface, freeing it of dust.
He flipped slowly through the pages , then closed it back.

Huffing out a sigh, he walked towards another door getting out through another entirely route.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<

" Wassup Leo ", he heard a familiar voice yelled after him immediately he stepped inside.

He sent his gaze backwards, he need no one to tell him who it wase.
Draco.

" Hey man ", he yelled loudly,the placeis crowded and he needed to yell for him to be able to hear him.

" Draco ", he greeted simply, his face blank.

The space is too noisy and condensed , several potbellied money hungry man laughing and shouting.
Stupid Rich me n who aren't satisfied with their wealth.

Actually he is in a casino of you know who.

Draco punched him playfully on his shoulder.
" Heard you were coming today"

" Whare is he? ", Richard asked , not in a mood for Draco's chitchat.
He sighted the brown ledger held tightly at his left hand.

" Ohhh ", he drawled.

" His usual spot, check him there", he added .
Richard noddd simply, walking out without a word.

He walked slowly and steadily across the casino, his head held up high.
Several eyes on him, he seems to get everyone's attention whenever he visits.

Poison's favorite man.

Leo Fernandez.

Richard walked to the back of the building, which was very quiet and well guarded.
He didn't need to go through any guards as they all are familiar with him.

" Boss", they all greeted him with a respectful bow as he passed by.

He didn't even bother to respond to any of the greetings, he just kept walking.

On getting to a front of a black door, he stopped hesitating a little whether to go in but he did anyways not caring to knock.

Immediately he barged into the room, he sighted him there seated, a tobacco stick fixed between his lips.

They stated at each other, before he broke the deafening silence.

His lips breaking into a spurious smile, revealing his brownish teeth.
Clearly irritating him to the core.

" Leo Leo Leo, you came to me finally?", He smiled broadly.

A great wave of anger surged through him, making his jaw clenched tightly.
He felt like choking life out of that bastard, killing him with his own bare hands.

There is the devil who has been his most dreaded nightmare.

The monster who doesn't deserve to be alive .

© Adira H.