Chapter Ten

Nine.

A light knock came through the door as Arianna Rodriguez rummaged through the pile of documents placed in her front , her pair of glass resting firmly at the bridge of her nose.

" Come in ", she announced raising her head up high to view her guest.

" Collins ", she exclaimed in surprise as a man who looks in his early thirties walked in through her door. A light grin etched at the corner of his lips.

" Barrister Rodriguez, ", he called jovially, on his left hand is a blue wrapped envelope.

" You didn't say a thing about coming here, sit down ", Arianna said after they shared an handshake, offering him a seat.

" I wanted to suprise you. How is work going?",

She shrugged her shoulders lightly, before removing her glass and fixing it back into its case.

" Awesome and ….as usual stressful….very demanding",  Arianna replied now facing him fully.

Collins give a firm nod with a small smile.
" That's great, how is Richard? I saw him a few days ago in a mall "

" He is fine, why are you here ? " she asked and he chuckled lowly.

" Easy woman, I've barely settled down ", he joked making them to laugh heartily.

" I know you Collins, you don't come here unless you have something for me , so do speak up….spit it out ",

Collins laughed, he stretched the blue file to her .
" Here, check it out " he urged.

Arianna looked between him and the blue file before taking it from him.

Unwrapping the papaer sh brought out a pile of files and went through it slowly.
He eyes lit up as she was going through it.

" Wh… Collins? ", She whispered unbelievably, .

" That should be enough right? ", He shrugged and she smiled.

" Enough you say? It is more than enough", she exclaime,her face beaming with proud and accomplishment.

" But…. ", She trailed placing the single paper she was going through on the table, a serious expression on her face..

Collins brows twiched upwards questionably.

" What?",he queried, she shook her head.

" Nevermind ", she shrugged away the question.

"Arianna, you can tell me…… ",

"It's okay Collins. I will get this across the corruption and crimes agency, don't worry I will deal with the rest. Thanks for your help. It went a long way indeed ",

Collins nodded simply, standing up on his feet abruptly, Arianna raised her gaze to him.

"Going??", She asked and he nodded curtly with a faint lines of smile.

" I have to be somewhere important", he muttered out a reply.

" Ohhh … " she drawled.

"So ….. I'll be on my way", he announced adjusting his jacket.

" I wish you the best in the case. Keep striving Barrister Arianna Rodriguez", he said calmly before shifting on his step making his way to the door.

The way he said those words made Arianna feel  a bit terrified, his words seems like a farewell. It sounds like that to her actually.

" Collins ", she called making him stop on his track.

Up on her feet, she took long strides towards him.
Head to head, gaze in gaze, she stood right in front of him.

" What …. What was that? ", She asked stuttering a bit.

Collins stared away from her eyes , and sighed.
Then it all dawned on Arianna.

" Wait…. You really will be moving to Newyork? ", she blurted out .

Seeing he has been caught in the act, Collins lowered his gaze with a sigh.

" Are you?" She asked yet again, her voice firm and demanding.

He gulped down hard and replied in a deep strangled voice.
" yes "

Arianna gulped down hard.
" So you didn't changed your mind? Do you? "

Collins smiled wryly, sending his gaze to the ground.

" It has to be done",

Arianna rolled her eyes with a sigh, Collins has always been around her , he has been with her all through college days till date.
Being a prosecutor, he will always try to make everything easier for her.

" Collins….", She trailed on her speech not knowing what to say or react.

Collins is a good person, she will no doubt feel his absence.

" Aria it's just America I'm leaving not the world…. not you. ", He said calmly with a smile.

Arianna sighed, she hates saying goodbye, like she despises it to death.
Especially with someone she loves.

" I'll still be with you even if I am thousand miles away…. I got you ",
With this comforting words, Arianna throw her hands around his neck, pulling him into a tight hug.

" Thank you  for standing by me, for everything….. Thanks for all you do Collins ", she whispered softly into his ears.

Collins welcomed the hug with a chuckle.
Several seconds of staying in the same position, they eventually disengaged from the hug.

" And don't hesitate to win this case. Show them…the world…how amazing you are ", he enecoraged.
Arianna was grinning ear to ear, her lips curved up in a brighten smile.

" And you too Collins. "

He smiled In return, checking his wristwatch he saw it was time for him to leave.

" I've to be on my way, see yah " ,he said walking towards the door and out of the office.

Arianna smiled sadly, Collins absence will definitely leave part of her empty. Definitely.

With a long sigh, she walked back to her chair.
Her eyes traed to the spread out documents on that table and her lips twiched up in a smirk.

" Senator Fabian ", she whispered lowly with a sly smile.
Picking up her phone, she put a call across her assistant. Samantha.

" Samantha, ", she said immediately the call got connected at the other end.

" Schedule a meeting for me with the minister",.

"Minister? ", A clearly confused Sam asked at the other side of the phone.

"Yes, The  Minister for crime", she cleared her doubt before cutting the call.

A triumph smile lingered on her face,what is more appealing and exciting than sending criminals to where they belong.

" An eye for an eye,  tooth for tooth",

This particular case will definitely be a long ride, but come on darling.
Arianna Rodriguez is definitely in for it as well.

© Adira H.