Chapter Nine

Chapter Eight.

" Richard my dear ", a woman who looks more like she is in her late sixties, stormed her way excitedly to the couple as they walked inside together arm in arm.

" Oh my.... mum ", Richard beamed widely as his mother threw herself on him with happiness and enthusiasm.

He diengaged his arm.with his wife's who was smiling sweetly and affectionately towards mother and son.

" You have not been visiting and even rarely calls, why are you doing your mom like this? ,.", Avelina whined immediately she broke the embrace her left hand on his cheek caressing.

Richard smiled, " I am a busy man mom, but I'm sorry anyways",

Avelina smiled kissing both of his cheeks in return.

" Good evening mother", Arianna greeted with an angelic smile plastered on her face .

" Oh my bad, you told me to bring along with me my wife , here she is ", Richard said while Arianna kept on smiling nonstop.

Avelina turned slowly to Arianna with a blank look on.

" Ohh did i? I can't remember", she muttered under her breath but it was loud enough for them to hear.

Avelina pressed her lips together while Richard coughed slightly.

" Welcome Arianna ", Avelina said with a wry smile before turning back to her son.

" Let's move to the dining, Jessie and her husband will be waiting", Sha said and then walked away to the front her heels making a clicky sounds as it kissed the glassy floor.

" Let's go love ", Richard zaaid sweetly to Arianna who nodded in response.

Taking in her hands into his , he led the way to the dining.

" Your mom? She still doesn't like me right?? ", Arianna voiced out the disturbing thought niggling at the back of her mind since their arrival.

Richard sighed , " Arianna no, why?",he said lowly.

" She literally ignored me back there", she rasped her voice holding a tint of frustration and disappointment.

Richard gulped down hard, not knowing what to say. He noticed how his mother reacted shabbily to her but what can he say?.

She is his mother and Arianna is his wife , he can't possibly make things go wrong between them.

So the best thing to do is just to keep quiet and act dumb.

"Honey no , don't have the wrong idea." He replied hoping and praying in his mind she will let it slide easily.

But having a Intelligent woman with high IQ as a wife plus her being a Lawyer, issues like will never slide on like that.

" Richard it is okay to admit but I know that your mom never liked me, very obvious", Arianna said and Richard heart fell.

" I know but it isn't bad as now, her hate for me seems to increase since I haven't given her.... a grandchild yett", Arianna added stressing the last part, her voice holding a hint of sadness which could not be concealed.

" Arianna we are the ones who are not ready to have a child, it is not your fault", Richard said stopping on his track at a corner which leads directly to the dining section.

Arianna sighed, " Yes I know but it was my opinion, I brought it up."

" Arianna I respect you and I love you okay. You had to build a career for yourself first , that I understand well. It was our agreement ' he pointed out palming her cheeks adorably.