chapter 3: cafés

Mine~>

"How about some mango?" Noor's dad asks.

Ever since I've been living with Noor's family, they've been nothing other than welcoming.

Because of my niqab they'd usually leave the rooms, go to work early or other things for my privacy.

But ever since I found out I was pregnant, they were nothing but supportive.

Noors dad would go out at least once everyday to buy me food while her mum would feed me them.

Even when they'd found out their own daughter was pregnant, they still never forgot about me.

"Abba I think the pineapple and strawberries were enough." I reply, smiling against my niqab.

"Fine! But don't hesitate to tell me if you want more!" He says with a laugh.

"Okay, thank you." I reply, nodding before I leave to go to a cafe.

I was meeting with Imaan for lunch and just to catch up.

Ever since Noor had hired her to do her mendhi we'd been close ever since.

"Asalamulaikum!" Imaan says with a smile.

"Walaikumsalam, sis." I reply, waving back as I sit down at the table.

"So...did you find out?" She asks with a grin.

"Find out what?" I ask, confused.

"You know... the gender!" She replies, brushing a few strands away from her face.

"Hmm, that's a no, girl." I reply, shaking my head with a half smile.

"When then?" She asks, crossing her arms as the waiter walks towards the table.

"I'm not really sure, to be honest." I say, nodding.

I don't know what Noor and Hala were planning but I just know that those two weren't telling me anything.

Even though I only found out that they'd known since yesterday. I was still impatient.

"So, are you guys ready to order?" The waiter asks with a warm smile.

The guy looked like he was in his mid twenties and had light brown hair and caramel brown eyes.

"And you?" He asks with a confused smile.

Realising I was staring for a bit too long, I lower my gaze and mentally repent.

"A chocolate mocha and the beef burger, please." I reply as Imaan has an amused expression on her face.

"Okay, we'll have them out in a few minutes guys." He replies, taking the menus before walking away.

Immediately after he passes our table, Imaan starts asking, "Well, well, well."

"Well what?" I ask, knitting my brows together.

"You practically stared the man down, Neha." She replies, shaking her head with a smile.

"No I wasn't." I state, rolling my eyes.

"Girl you may have your face covered but your eyes say it all." She replies, brows raised.

Breaking into a laugh, I shake my head. Slapping her arm playfully I say, "Well what about you?"

"What about me?" She asks back.

"You and Samir, Imaan?" I ask, crossing my arms.

Her eyes widen and she looks out of the window, acting as if i didn't ask her.