chapter 25: waiting

Yours~> 1 month, 5 days married

It had been a few days since Neha and Mason had talked about their lives and hadn't really been apart since

I don't blame them they have so much to catch up on since Neha was becoming a mother and Mason was becoming an uncle.

But as of now me and my brother were in my office a while after coming back from Imaan and Samir's Nikkah.

Samir's and Imaan's Mehndhi were tomorrow.

"No word at all?" I ask Khalil in my office.

"Nope." He replies, with a shrug.

"Do you know where he is?" I ask, thinking about what Elias would be doing by himself in a place nobody knew him.

"Nope." He replies once again with an expression I couldn't read.

He wasn't sad or upset about it but he wasn't exactly happy either. Elias and my brother are best friends, more like brothers to me. Khalil was glad that Elias had been able to be by himself to help him be a better person after losing so many people who were close to him.

"Wait can I ask you something bro?" Khalil asks, looking a bit confused.

"Shoot." I agree.

"You know how Mason is actually Neha's brother? How is she finding the adjustment?" My brother asks, leaning his head against his arm.

"Hmm, she's finding it surprisingly easy Alhamdulilah. I mean, overall she was pretty happy that her brother was actually alive. Mason's the last bit of family she has left, other than us." I reply, feeling a little pain in my chest thinking about all Neha had to endure by herself.

A few moments pass before Khalil asks another question smiling,"Anyways, enough of that. When is the delivery date then?"

"Should be a week now. The doctor did say the twins could come earlier or later though." I reply, mirroring his expression.

Both me and my brother had excitement in us for the first time since we'd gotten married, it was becoming a dad.

Him and I were both happy for eachother as well that we could experience this together.

Khalil was having a baby boy and me and Neha were having twin girls.

I couldn't wait to meet them and kiss them and tell them how proud I am to be their father.

"You're really excited aren't you?" My brother asks.

"Khalil, I'm counting down the days." I reply, putting a hand over face to try and cover my smile.

"In'Sha'Allah they're delivered with ease and are healthy." He responds, reaching his hand to  mine.

"In'Sha'Allah." I nod, praying that Neha had an easy delivery.