chapter 23: questions

Mine~> 8 months pregnant

Sister?

He's looking for his sister?

Why is he with us then?

My brother died.

"So you're trying to tell me that either Hala or Neha is your sister, man?" Samir asks, sarcastically.

"Samir you know I wouldn't-" Mason begins to say but Samir cuts him off.

But would he?

"Do me a favour and go, Mason. You've clearly made them upset and you're not doing anyone any good." He says as Halas phone rings.

"Neha?" Haadi says softly, pulling me from my thoughts.

Looking up to him, Haadi strides towards me.
Clearly knowing that my head is spinning from all of this, "Do you want me to get anything qalbi? The stress isn't good for the babies, Neha."

Nodding I get up from the bench while Hala finishes the call she'd got.

"Sorry to interrupt all of... whatever's going on here but Khalil's asking where we are!" Hala says while Samir and Mason are still arguing.

All three of us are watching the two before Haadi intervenes.

Not even by talking but walking up to the both of them and hitting the both of their heads together.

"Haadi!" I say, but Hala laughs.

"They're men they can handle themselves Neha." She says with a soft smile.

I guess they are.

Haadi leads the two of them a little further from us so we don't hear the conversation but it does lead Mason giving his number to Haadi.

A few seconds later, Mason walks in front of me as my eyes are on the ground. "Umm, just reach out whenever you want. No pressure."

"My brother's dead, so there's nothing to reach out about." I reply, quietly.

"Listen I know it sounds outlandish but I've spent ages trying to find you. If you want to talk about it I'll tell you all about it then." He says before walking away after giving Haadi a nod.

That night~ 4:00AM

"I've spent ages trying to find you."

Has he really?

Even if he has would it even make sense for him to be able to do that?

Nobody knew that I had a brother.

Well everyone except Noor's mum since she knew my mum when they were younger.

Putting my hand over Haadi's which was on my  massive baby bump, I carefully place it beside him while I get up from the bed.