chapter 17: awakenings

Mine~> 1 hour married

"Who's gonna record?" Noor asks while me and Haadi wait, impatiently

The only people in the living room were myself, my husband, Hala, Noor, her mum, Imaan and Haadi's dad.

"I'll do it." Imaan says, retrieving her phone from her bag.

"No, I wanna do it! No offence but your camera is broken Imaan." Hala laughs as Imaan looks at her phone, seeing the scratch on her camera for the first time.

"Oh my, when did that happen?" Imaan asks, frustratedly.

Noor and I both exchange a look, remembering a few hours ago when I thought her phone was mine but then we accidentally dropped it on the iron...

"Okay, it's set up!" Noor exclaims with a smile.

With a small sense of anxiousness, I could feel Haadi's lingering nerves on me.

Looking up to him, Haadi doesn't meet my gaze but his eyes are wandering on everyone else other than me.

"Haadi?" I quietly say.

"Yeah?" He asks but his voice slightly breaks.

Was he crying?

"Awhh this is so cute." I hear Noor whisper to Hala and Imaan.

"I haven't seen him cry in ages." Hala whispers back with a cheerful smile.

Putting my attention back on the man who now my husband, I took his left hand in mine.

Slowly looking back from his Baba he says with glassy eyes, "May I?"

Gesturing to my niqab, I nod.

Gently taking one of the pins off the niqab, Haadi then sighs.

Gazing at me he then breathes, "Didn't know I was this lucky." He grins softly, no control of his tears anymore.

Putting a hand over my blushing face, I then shake my head with a small smile.

"I am." I reply before he softly kisses my forehead.

"My wife is beautiful, Allahumma'Barik." He smiles against my head as it rested on his chest for a moment.

"Didn't know he was this much of a romantic." Haadi's Baba tries to quietly say to Hala but it was loud enough for me and Haadi to hear.

Feeling a bit embarrassed, I slowly back away from Haadi with a shy smile.

"Yallah Baba, you made my wife shy now!" Haadi grins, putting an arm around my neck.

"Your wife? She's my daughter now!" Haadi's Baba jokes back, gently pulling me to him for a hug.

Laughing, I then shake my head with a grateful expression.

Alhamdulilah for all these people you've blessed me with, Allah.