chapter 6: falls

Yours~>

"You said no?" Samir asks after we got in my car.

"What else would I have said?" I ask back.

Turning my head to Samir, he shrugs.

"So tell me one thing." He says after a few moments.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Why don't you just tell uncle you're interested in someone else then?" He asks with a grin.

"And who would this someone be?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"You know who, Haadi. I think you've known since the day you saw her." He replies.

"Samir stop." I respond, shaking my head.

"Bro, you need to just accept it. I think you're both fighting this for no reason." He says as I park up on the street.

"I think you're just imagining things, Sami. Come on, let's go." I reply as I get out of the car.

"Elias and Khalil already there?" Samir asks as we walk to the river side.

"Should be. If Elias isn't lost on his bike." I reply with a half smile.

A few minutes later we arrive at the embankment where my brother and Elias are.

"Salam!" Elias shouts, rushing up to me for a hug.

"Walaikumsalam?" I say, confused. Elias always has so much energy but this was a bit too much even for him.

Looking to my little brother he just puts his hands up in despair.

"Congrats bro!" Elias says, pulling away to face me.

"Congrats on what?" Samir asks with a laugh.

"You're marriage, maybe..." he replies, rolling his eyes.

My marriage?

"Elias." Khalil hisses in annoyance.

"Was I not supposed to-" Elias asks with wide eyes, looking at my brother.

"Wait, hold on just a second. Who told you I was getting married?" I ask, feeling the wind blowing down my face.

"Didn't you say no to the girl you met today? I thought it was obvious." He replies, looking to Samir for help.

"You thought what was obvious?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"You and, umm, who's your sisters friends name again?" Elias asks Samir.

"Neha?" Samir says, reluctantly.

"Yep! Neha!" Elias agrees.

Yallah, what have I got myself into.

Khalil looks from Elias to me and can clearly tell I'm getting agitated by this whole situation.

"Guys, let's talk about other things. We need to pray Isha anyways." Khalil says, causing everyone to nod.

"Come on let's go to the mosque." Samir says, glancing at me with a smile.

Mine~>