chapter 20: the Akhirah will be ours

Mine~> 2 days married

The recent images and videos coming from Gaza were absolutely horrific

Since October the 7th, the bombing hadn't stopped.

But this genocide hadn't started on November 7th. It started 75 years ago but only now peoples eyes have been opened since.

Myself and Haadi couldn't sleep all night, since we'd heard that Elias's family home had been bombed.

In the summer, his cousin had been shot by the Idf but my duas went out to him in this time.

It was absolutely heartbreaking and we had just decided to go to the mosque for Fajr instead. Since we felt nothing other than helpless, we knew that dua was the biggest power we'd have.

Noor, Hala and the others were going to meet us there.

"Is there any news on his Mum?" I ask Haadi, who was currently driving us to the mosque.

"Nothing but I'll call Khalil again when we get there." He replies, squeezing my hand.

A few moments later, we were nearly at the mosque but my eyes were caught on a few people fighting on the pavement.

"What's going on there? I never see anyone fighting next to the mosque." I say, gesturing at Haadi to look.

"I'm not sure. Wait- is that-" He says before pulling up on the street.

"What? Who is it?" I ask him, confused.

"That's Elias and my brother I'm pretty sure!" He replies, quickly getting out of the car.

Turning back round to the men fighting, I begin to realise it is Elias and Khalil but they're not fighting with other people from the mosque. These men were all wearing masks and they had a... British flag??

Yallah, these were definitely the edl.

Right next to the mosque.

I wonder why.

Racists and bigots often were in that category.

A few moments after Haadi intervenes, Khalil and Elias begin to back off. But just as Haadi turns around, one of the men punch his face.

"Ya Rabb!" I say from the car.

I need to go out there for him. So as soon as I'm about to leave, Haadi, even with a bloody lip smiles.

"Stay there. For the girls." He mouths, making me blink.

Of course I wouldn't be that much of a help, I'm pregnant after all, I remind myself.

Just as I get back in the car a few men from the mosque intervene, causing the edl idiots to back off finally. With the help of Khalil's shouting. The guy loved him brother a lot.