chapter 12: accusations

Mine~>

The sudden shouting from Hala's dad made me  jump.

"Haadi, did you not get the calls?" He shouts from the front door.

"What is it, Baba?" Haadi asks as his dad shakes his head in sympathy for...me?

Lowering my gaze to the ground, I quickly turn to the direction for the sitting room but Haadi's dad says, "Hala isn't in there."

Looking down awkwardly at to my fingers in confusion, Haadi speaks.

"So where is she?" He asks.

"Come here with me." Hala's dad says before he leaves the house, Haadi following him out.

Confused, I step into the sitting room to look through the windows.

Nosey, I know but I was curious.

Hearing Haadi's dads voice from the front, I feel my fingers begin to shake.

A man stands in front of Haadi, a few inches shorter with a faint beard growing.

I realise it's exactly who I think it is.

Zayan.

Why is he here?

What does he want?

Hearing the door open again, I turn around to see Hala standing there with a sad smile.

"Were you talking to him?" I ask her.

"He knocked on the door and I thought it was Khalil but it...wasn't." She replies with a sigh.

"What did he say to you?" I ask, stepping away from the window.

"He was asking if you were here and I said no but Baba then came and then Zayan kept saying how he knew there was something going on between you and my brother." Hala says, rubbing my arm.

Yallah, grant me Sabr.

Why is he like this?

I honestly don't understand how he think he can say anything about me or Haadi when he ran off to Pakistan and got married again, before divorcing me.

"Why-" I'm about to say before I hear a shout from outside.

"Do you really think I'm going to leave, knowing she's in there?" Zayan shouts.

"And do you really think I'm just going to let you in, knowing the type of bastard you are? Haadi shouts back.

Eyes widening, Hala and I leave the sitting room for the door.

I didn't even know what to say. Haadi and Zayan were lunging at each other while Halas dad was in between the two.

Her dads eyes travelled from Hala to me with sadness in them.

"Bastard? For all I know you probably put that baby in-" Zayan was about to say but Hala's dad slaps him.

Zayan really is that low that he thinks that his baby, growing inside of me was Haadi's.

"Baba-" Hala says but his eyes are only on Zayan.

"I won't have you say anything else about her, never mind the unborn baby she's been trying to live for all these months." Haadi's Baba says with a face of rage.

I've never actually seen him like this before after all the years I've been friends with Hala but it felt comforting. Knowing that he was defending me and my baby.

It kind of hurt though, realising that I could kind of see my Dad in him.

"But-" zayan is about to say before Haadi speaks.