chapter 18: the lake

Mine~> 1 day married

"Haadi?" I say, checking the time as it was 9am

"Hmm?" He murmurs, putting his around me.

To be honest this was all made me so nervous but also kind of natural at the same time.

Carefully trying to free myself from his arms, I take his right arm, putting it next to his side.

And just as I was going to get up from the bed that same arm pulls me back towards him.

"Haadi-" I say, feeling his breath against my hair.

"Where'd you think you're going this early?" He asks, lowly.

HES ASKING ME THAT QUESTION?

"Haadi don't you have work?" I ask, confused.

"Work can wait and plus I took a week off." He replies.

"But the Nikkah was so last how did you get the time-" I try to say but he interjects.

"Don't worry about that alright? And if work piles up I can always do it at home." He says as I turn my head to his.

"I'm 7 months pregnant, Haadi. I promise you won't be missing out on anything." I reply, feeling a little guilty.

"You trying to get rid of me so fast, Neha?" He asks, gently grazing my cheek with his thumb.

"No, I just know work kind of stresses you out so I don't want you to have that problem." I reply, shaking my head.

"That's quite kind of you, qalbi but I'm sure Jay will be fine by himself this week." Haadi responds, offering me a quick hug before he gets up from the bed.

Finally becoming a relaxed, I nod my head.

Beginning to follow him to the bathroom, he stops me in my tracks.

"What happened?" I ask, rubbing my eyes lazily.

"Do you wanna go somewhere today or do you feel better staying here?" He asks, leaning against the door.

Where did he wanna go?

"Why? You have somewhere in mind?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"Yeah but if you feel tired from yesterday we don't have-" He begins to say but I put a hand up.

"I feel perfectly fine, dear husband. So where we going?" I ask, smiling.

"Well that's a surprise." He says before disappearing into the hallway.

Hmm, a surprise.

An hour later, I was in the hard part of getting ready.

Picking an outfit.