二:世界 (World)

Arcade House

The girl stands in front of the arcade house and counted the coins on her palm. "Not enough for a token", she said her thoughts aloud. She moved forward and bumped into someone in front. "It's the munchkin that Suguru is amused with", Gojo lifted the girl in the air. "Oh! What a cute girl. If we kidnap her now, no one would know" Ieri stretched her cheeks. "Hehe~ That's a good idea", the white-haired smirked and placed the youngster on her shoulder. 

Coins fell from the child's palm as she tried to escape Gojo's grip. Ieri looked up and saw her eyes starting to be teary. "Okay! That's enough for today. We'll make sure we bring your favorite him next time", she picked up the coins and gave eye signal to Gojo. They sensed a nearby cursed spirit. "Where is he, then?", Airi stepped back creating a generous gap between them. "He's currently on a mission. Apparently, he's good enough to go alone due to his manners and sensitiveness of the situation", Ieri looked at Gojo cracking his neck. "Good enough to be alone", the girl repeated then the two disappeared from the crowd.

Nishimiya's Apartment

She looked at the time and sighed. At least, she's not 5 minutes late from the curfew she set with herself. If she goes beyond that, the darkness will befall and unreal images will swarm around the city. The girl had always been aware of the existence of what she labeled as ghost. Even for a non-sorcerer, children have heightened sense with the curses and eventually outgrow them when they grow up. Though, this sensitivity only applies to her during night time.

The feeling of not being able to see the friendly stranger made her mood go to a slump. After closing the door, she turned to be welcomed by a blob of disfigured monster. "Welcome home", it talked making the girl cover her mouth. She wondered if it is like a wild beast that will leave if it detects no action. "Nishi...miya...", her eyes widened as the monster turned to her direction. It started moving towards her with its tentacles. "Nishimiya, open the door", a gentle voice gave hope to the girl. She did as what was said and a dragon swallowed the uninvited guest. Both monsters disappeared as Getou snapped his finger. The lad walked inside and looked down at the girl who was still processing what happened. She's small which is normal for her age but she doesn't act accordingly. There were no tears in her eyes but just enough emotion to show she was startled. Getou carried her in his arms as they both entered the living room. The lad bowed at Airi's parents once more.

"Sorry. Would you like some water or tea? I don't have stock of cofffee", Airi went back to her senses. "I brought some snacks. Let's eat while talking together", Getou smiled and showed steam buns and juice.

Airi unwrapped the buns and took the first bite. "Thank you, Getou-san", she gave a small smile. The lad looked at the side and chuckled to himself. "Nishimiya, are you scared of being alone?", the lad asked making the girl choke on her food. Getou handed the juice and allowed her to drink first. "I.. I'm not scared", her voice broke. "What we saw a while ago is a curse. It is born from the negative emotions of human. Sadness, pain, regret, jealousy, anger and many more. The longer it lingers in a person's heart, it will soon manifest as a monster. The more intense it is, the bigger and stronger the curse is", the lad explained. Airi's eyes widened and bowed low. "Sorry for inconvinencing you. That monster must have appeared because of me", she squinted her eyes. Getou patted her head and hugged it.

"Nishimiya, would you like to live with me? I'm not sure how you will adjust with where I am staying but I already had the principal's approval", Getou invited. "Do you find me pitiful, Getou-san?", Airi pushed him away clearly rejecting the offer. "The strong exist to protect the weak. As of this time, you have matters you cannot handle on your own. Just like what happened a while ago. Nishimiya, it is not a crime to be a child. Once you grow older, you're free come back here", the lad looked around.

The Next Day
Jujutsu High School Dormitory Corridor

"Finally! We are allowed to have pets!!!", Gojo threw Airi at the air and was caught by Getou. "So, where is she staying?", Ieri was trying to suggest something. "She'll stay with me. I was the one who asked the principal so I need to be the one responsible", the black haired lad explained. "Eih? There's so many room in the dormitory. Why can't she have her own? In that case, let me have her in my room", Ieri pouted. "You sleep late and wakes up late. You're not a good role model for her", Getou explained. Gojo blinked few times. His friend didn't waste his time enumerating reasons why children shouldn't be around Gojo. "Also, I don't want her to feel alone", Getou lead the way to his room.

"Self-righteousness?", Ieri pointed at the long haired man telling Airi about the rules in the dormitory. "Not really. I think he's just looking for an anchor to his beliefs", the white head lad walked the other direction.

Chapter end.