十一: 買い物 (Shopping)

Don't leave me. 

I don't want to be alone. 

Don't abandon me. 

Airi's Room

The door flung open as Nobara felt intense curse energy in Airi's room. She saw a huge shadow hovering over Airi who is sweating and having a hard time breathing. "I didn't think a cursed spirit would be allowed inside Jujutsu High", the orange head prepared her hammer. "Step back, Kugisaki. Go and call the principal. I don't think Gojo-san is here this time of day", Megumi clenched his fist. He just got out of the hospital and is not in his best shape. 

"Nishimiya-san. You have to wake up", he had a hunch that the cursed spirit is something that the lady wields like that of Rika. Tengen would not allow one to slip into his territory. "Getou-san. Please, don't go away", she verbalized as she was dreaming. Megumi turned on the light and the shadow scattered under Airi's bed and inside the closet. He got closer to wake his upperclassman. As soon as he dropped his hand on her shoulder, Airi pulled him for a hug. "Getou-san", she burrowed her face into his shoulder. "It's me, Fushiguro. There was a curse spirit in your room and I deduct that you're a curse manipulator", he informed. There was no response. He felt Airi's breath on his neck and was about to pull away. 

"Wow~ She sleeps like she didn't for a decade", Gojo stands next to the door and didn't bother entering. "Gojo-san. What are we going to do with the curse spirit?", Megumi asked. "Let her do it her own way. Deal with her demons", he answered. He stepped forward and looked at the shadow under the bed. "But if you dare to harm her in any way, I'll be the one to tear you apart", he threatened. 

Park

Ieri waved at the lady who she hasn't met for a decade. As soon as they are already in front of each other, tears fell from Airi's eyes. She must have been holding it until now. She's doesn't want to shed tears in front of Yaga since he was one of those who carried out the orders to execute Getou. Not in front of Gojo, who is labeled as the executioner of his own best friend. Not in front of people she met for the first time. 

"You held in for so long, Airi-chan. Great job", she pulled her for a hug and patted her bag. Before, the doctor was just far taller than the kid but now she's nearly the same height. "Welcome home, Airi", the woman whispered making the lady cry for more. After some time, they sat on the bench looking at the lake. 

"Don't you want to go back to a regular school? I mean, you've got an amazing brain", Ieri suggested. "Don't go complimenting me when you're the one who can reconstruct people's tissues", the lady gave a short laugh. "You did change. What happened while you were in Tengen's lair?", Ieri asked. "I felt like I was in a long dream", she answered. "Did you regret it? Did it come across your mind that you could have just gone on with your condition? At least, that way, you were still able to live the life you wanted", the woman bombarded her with so many questions. "I don't know. Those things seem to just disappear in thin air when I try to think of an answer. One thing is for sure, I still am processing matters", Airi stretched and looked at the blue sky. "You were in a coma for a year. How's your body feeling?", the doctor asked. "So, so. Not too sick but not too healthy as well. I think I need to work on that as well", she stood up and looked in the direction where her underclassmen are waiting. 

"They're cute first years. Don't bully them too much", Ieri looked in the direction of her gaze and smile. "I'll go as far as not telling them that Itadori-kun is still alive", she smiled and gave a wave. Ieri's eyes widened and chuckled as she watches the child she knew grow up to be a better person. "Suguru, she's doing well. I'm glad you're the one who took her in", she whispered in the air. 

Shopping Mall

"We're doing a small-scale mission even if we're preparing for an exchange event with the Kyoto students", Nobara clicked her tongue. "Don't forget to read the chapter that was given to us as homework by the principal", Megumi reminded. "And we have to juggle our time to review as well. Can't we just learn about kicking and punching?!", she continuously complained. The orange head looked at Airi walking behind them. "Senpai, aren't you going to complain as well? I mean, you've been hospitalized and you're being called for a mission immediately", Nobara sighed. Megumi was the only one who was told that she wasn't active in society for a decade. " Well, I'm a third year but I don't know if I can be of use in this mission", she shrugged her shoulders. 

"Don't worry. I'll be taking care of it in just a minute", she winked. They saw some clothes and Nobara dragged the two to try out some. 

Flashback

Shopping Center

"Airi, do you like to wear a dress as well?", Getou noticed her looking at the display. "No, I'm good with what you bought me last time", she held onto the lad's hand. "I remember your friends' birthday is around the corner. I think you also have to wear something nice for her special day", the lad knew that Airi wouldn't openly say something like wanting to buy something. "It's fine. Ieri-san bought me a dress last year", she shook her head. "It's already short since you grow so fast. It'll be difficult for you to move around", Getou insisted. Airi flushed and just nodded. She resigned to her favorite human's invitation. 

 Clothes Shop

"Are you shopping for your little sister? How sweet~", the high schoolers squealed and some are even taking pictures. "You're used to this, Mr. Popular?", Airi looked at Getou giving a small smile. Unlike Gojo, he doesn't display any hint of arrogance. He just smiles out of politeness. They started scanning the dress. "Everything looks good on you. What should we do?", the lad hummed. "I recommend this violet dress. It matches her eye color", the saleslady stood close to the lad. Airi knew she was just pushing her luck to have a conversation with him. 

"I prefer this", the lady raised a black dress. Getou had a short laugh and patted her head. "Whatever you wish", he smiled. Airi knew it wasn't for birthday parties but she doesn't like flamboyant colors. 

Restaurant

Airi opened the jewelry box and saw a necklace with a butterfly. "It's pretty", she said with excitement. "Phew~ I thought you will dislike it", he leaned on the couch. "Why would I dislike something that is from Getou-san?", she raised it in the air and handed it to Getou. "Can you wear it on me?", she requested. While the lad was putting it on the child's neck, Airi felt a gloomy aura around him. 

 "Is there something bothering you?", the black haired asked. "Getou-san, are you alright? You've been spending a longer time in the shower. You also have so many quiet moments. You being silent isn't that rare but it's getting more often than usual", her cheeks ballooned. 

Getou patted her head and saw a nearby arcade. "Want to have a game before we head home?", he invited. "Game?! Sure", she nodded violently. 

Present

Airi looked at a clothes store and back to Nobara who is begging to have a short detour before the mission. "It's not like the cursed spirit is bothering anyone", she explained. "Just for a while", the oldest of the group crossed her arm. 

Nobara rushed inside leaving the two behind. "We shouldn't delay", he sighed. "At this time of day, people are rushing to go home. We can set a veil but people inside will still be able to be affected by the curse spirit's attack", Airi shrugged and followed after Nobara. 

"Nishimiya-san. You'd look good in this dress", Nobara said with excitement. "I'm afraid I'm not good with the dress. I prefer skirts", she just went along with the lady's hobby. "Why don't you also try our clothes? You look tall and handsome. Maybe people will be rushing inside if they see you rocking our clothes", the store manager suggested. Megumi stood uninterested. "Your expression is leaking", Airi informed. They were waiting for Nobara to try clothes and to haggle with the prices.  

Chapter end.