十:完璧 (Perfection)

Jujutsu High Dormitory

Yuji woke up early and smelled something fragrant from the kitchen. He dashed and saw that there are two people preparing the food. Usually, there is only one servant for the number of students in Tokyo High. Airi turned to see Yuji salivating. "Breakfast will be served at 6. There's still 10 minutes so you can just wait at the dining hall", she looked at her watch. "So strict", the servant chuckled.

Dining Hall

Airi served the food and saw that Megumi is up as well. "Kugisaki doesn't wake up that early. She's here at the dining hall at around 6:40 or before 7", Megumi noticed her looking at another empty slot assuming that she was looking for the other first year. "Did you cook this?! Ono-san cooks deliciously but it's been a while since I tasted a woman's cooking", he faked his tears. Airi gave a short laugh and served the food on their table.

Yuji dug in and was amazed at the flavor scattering in his mouth. "Amazing!!!", he commended. "It's just a miso soup and fried rice", she sighed and sat next to Megumi. "I can eat this every day", the jolly guy enjoyed eating. Megumi also started taking a bit and nodded in agreement. He's not the type of person who can commend someone that easily. "You look just like them", Airi suddenly said under her breath. The quiet lad heard her but didn't want to intrude with her thoughts. She seemed happy remembering them.

"I heard Airi-chan cooked food today. I woke up early just to have some", they heard a familiar voice. "Guh", she said with annoyance. "Come on. I'm already a teacher here so you have to serve me well", Gojo sat in front of her next to Yuji. "Try this as well, sensei", Yuji did the honor of serving his beloved teacher. "Principal told me about your assigned task for Kyoto. I went into his office to get the papers", Megumi informed. "Ata boy! Thanks, Megumi", he gave a small chuckle. The lady watches the interaction between the two.

School Grounds

Airi watered the plants. "You don't have any curse energy so what are you planning to do here?", Gojo asked while peeking from the window. It was huge enough that half his body is almost out. "I heard that Getou-san also took care of young girls around my age. Are you trying to compete with him by adopting Fushiguro-kun and his sister?", Airi asked without hesitation. She didn't hear any answer. "When I first saw him, I knew he looked familiar so I asked Principal Yaga about him. My guess was correct. He was the son of that who killed Amanai Riko-san", she continued talking. "So Principal was being talkative when he visited you in the hospital?", Gojo laughed. "And that Sukuna vessel, you're being close to him even if you could be the very person who would execute him", Airi crouched down and checked on the flowers. They're well taken care of.

"Inumaki takes care of the flowers", Gojo informed. "Are you not going to ask me about Suguru's whereabouts and what happened?", the man's voice suddenly turned serious. "What should I be asking you? I saw everything with my own eyes. Where there are trees, I can hear and see", she closed her eyes and breathed deeply. "It's better than your six eyes that you're proud of", she added. "Tengen's ability", Gojo pouted. "It's just that-", she was about to say something when he received a call from Ichiji. The look on Gojo's face told Airi that he lost something. "I don't have anything to do and if it has something to do with my underclassman, maybe I should also do my part", the lady was grabbed by Gojo, and both teleported.

Abandoned Warehouse

Gojo retrieved the dead body of Yuji. He didn't say anything. "I'll be taking care of Fushiguro-kun. Maybe Ieiri-san can do something", she broke the silence but heard no response.

Airi went to check on Megumi's beaten body. "I can only apply some first aid. Your body is tough due to your curse energy. I'll accompany you to the hospital", she assisted him to stand. It wasn't that he cannot move but the fact of losing a friend he made recently must have weakened his knees. "I will save people indiscriminately", the lad repeated as if he was replaying the scene in his mind. Airi's eyes widened and gave a soft smile. "You're such a kind soul, Fushiguro-kun", they started walking toward the car.

Hospital

Megumi woke up and saw a lady having a conversation with Nobara who had a long face.

He is an energetic one. At first, he looked like a potato to me.

I saw his face. He was smiling. Not all can die with such an expression on their face.

The lad slowly sat down and immediately gained the attention of the two female students. Unlike Nobara's uniform, the lady is wearing black baggy pants and a long-sleeve blouse. "Good morning, Fushiguro-kun. Unfortunately, you've been out for three days and you have to prepare for the exchange event", Airi opened the curtain making the black haired cover his eyes. "You're also a student so that means you will join", Megumi said with politeness. The lady just have a short laugh and then looked at the two. "I'm a non-combatant type so I won't be able to give any assistance. Consider me as your older sister who will be cooking your food after a long tiring day", she gave a thumbs up. "That sounds like a mom", Nobara commented.

After some time, Airi brought out dishes she cooked before going to the hospital. "Hospital food sucks!", Nobara shouted. Her eyes glittered after having the first bite. "Eat well so that you'd be able to grow stronger than yesterday", she looked at the two softly. "Shouldn't you do that as well?", Megumi gave her a quick look and continued eating.

Jujutsu High Library

"What are you reading?", Gojo leaned on the table slightly pinning the lady who was slightly sitting on the table. "A hundred ways to punch you without me getting blown away", she answered right away.

"Ah, how amusing that you're interested in heavenly restriction. Unfortunately, I killed one a few years ago. Though, we have a student who was born with lesser curse energy", the man pulled himself back. "That wasn't a few years ago. You're an old man, Gojo-san", Airi closed the book she was reading. "Then, what was it that you figured out?", the lad took the book and allowed the wind to flip the pages. 

"I was looking for an answer", Airi started walking towards the shelves. "Of which question?", the man hummed. "If there was no other choice but to achieve what he wanted", the lady answered making Gojo sit on the chair and look outside the window at the sun already resigning to take a rest. "And I found it impossible to have all humans be born with such condition", she added.  "Do you reckon with his decision?", Gojo massaged his nape. 

"You see-", Airi was about to say something when Yaga entered the library. "Airi-chan. You have to come with me. I already recreated Bini and Mini", he informed. "Principal, you came at the right timing. You see, Gojo-san was bullying me again", she said with a bored tone then exited the room. 

Chapter End.