九:十年(Ten Years)

Ten Years After

"So go fetch her for me", Gojo instructed. "She doesn't know me and hasn't seen me her entire life. You said she's been shut in for 10 years. I'm not the perfect choice to interact with a person like that", Megumi looked at the piece of paper his teacher wrote. "Hmmm, I should be asking Yuji to do that but he's doing some errands", the teacher shrugged.

Hospital

"Tsumi-?", Megumi seemed to find a resemblance with her back only facing him. As soon as the lady turned in his direction, his eyes widened. Pale skin, purple eyes, and long deep black hair. "Who?", she asked with her soft yet audible voice. "Fushiguro Megumi. I was sent here by Gojo-sensei", he explained and slid the door close. "You look familiar. I wonder what your relationship is with that person", the fragile-looking lady looked intently at him making the lad feel uncomfortable. He cleared his throat and pulled a chair to sit next to her.

"For some reason, sensei isn't available to fetch you. You'll be discharge today and we'll head directly to Jujutsu High", Megumi explained trying to trace curse spirit from her. "Next door, there's an old lady who I think is about to die. Can you exorcise the curse so she can rest peacefully", she asked politely. Megumi wondered what the lady's relationship is with Gojo. Did he pick another lost cat on his way home just like what he did with him? "I wasn't ordered to do any mission here", he said then started folding some of the lady's clothes on the nearby table.

"I don't have much cash, but I'll pay you", the black-haired lady tried to negotiate. The lad massaged his nape and went out of the room. There was something about her voice that shaken his stern decision not to mingle with the unknown.

Car

Airi dropped a handful of cash on Megumi's lap. The female assistant of Jujutsu High was startled. "You don't have to pay me. It's our role to protect those who are in need", the lad just stared at the stash of money. He wondered where it came from when Gojo told him that the lady was a shut-in person for a decade. "That rule again", she sighed and looked outside the window. "Don't tell me you want to get rid of that small fly as well. It's not bothering us so no need to exorcise it", Megumi leaned on the car chair. "Oh, there's one outside", she commented. "You can't see it?", the lad was confused since she was able to detect the curse spirit next to her room.

"Heavenly restriction?", Megumi asked. "No, I have my curse energy drained out of me", Airi answered. "How does one totally lose all their energy?", the lad furrowed his brow. "Don't think too much. You'll die early", Airi pushed her two fingers to straighten Megumi's brow. He was startled that he was touched casually by a woman. He felt her warm touch, there were no malice nor curses from her fingertip.

Jujutsu Dormitory- Reception Hall

So, she's a beauty? I'm excited to meet her.

Hey! Are you telling me that you were thinking of the same thing when you were about to meet me?!

Now~Now~ She's got quite a personality, so we have to be very careful or else you'd get buried alive.

She should know the rules. I was the one who came before her so she should bow her head.

If it's Megumi who fetched her, don't you think he already earned credits?

The door slid open and the other two was frozen at the sight of Megumi holding the new face's arm assisting her. "Welcome home. Airi-chan", Gojo spread his arms preparing for a hug. As soon as Airi removed her shoes, she walked closer to the lad who is now wearing a black blindfold. He received a punch on his stomach. Since he is the strongest, he didn't feel it but faked his cough. "You went stronger than the last time", he chuckled. "Did it hurt you?", Megumi asked with concern. "I lowered down my curse energy. Don't worry too much Megumi", Gojo gave a thumbs up. 

"My apologies for not greeting you at the beginning. My intrusive thoughts got the better of me", she bowed at the two figures who were stunned. "I am Nishimiya Airi and will be starting tomorrow as a third year student. I hope to work well with you", she introduced herself. "A third year? She's two years older than us?", Nobara gulped. "Technically, one. I just started early in elementary years", Airi clarified. "You came from the hospital. Congratulations on your discharge. I am Itadori Yuuji. It's great to have another senpai with us", he waved his hand. "You have pretty eyelashes and skin. Can you tell me more about skin care, senpai", Nobara gave a salute. "Nishimiya's fine. You can call me whatever you want though", the lady gave a small smile. "You already met Megumi, did he took care of you?", Gojo joined the conversation once more. "He's a kindhearted person", Airi commented. 

What if on top of those monkeys are the pile of bodies of my friends?

"Then, I'll be leading you to your room. We're just one room away so tell me if you need anything", Nobara winked. "Before that, I just want to go somewhere. I've been in this place couple of times so I am familiar. Thank you for helping me out, Nobara", she gave a slight bow of the head and started walking at the corridor. 

Corridor

Her feet stopped as she stands in front of a room. She reached out to the door post and memories came rushing to her. "I'm home", Airi whispered in the air. For some time, she remained glued on her spot hoping for someone to respond. "Welcome home", she heard from behind and saw a dark haired lad. Did she see a shadow of her precious person on someone else? Her eyes widened but soon softened as she realized who the person was. "You're suppose to say that to people who returned home. Gojo-sensei told me that you were once a residence of Jujutsu Dormitory", Megumi scratched his nape. 

"Is this your room now?", Airi asked. "Yeah. This is the male section and it was well-maintained so I chose this spot", he explained. "The other students are still away. The second years and are there third years? I can't see anyone else around", Airi recalled in her interaction with everyone. Judging with everyone's faces, they're all first years. "It's too much but would you allow me to enter?", the lady was trying to push her luck. "Against the rule", the black haired lad informed. "Ah, right. Of course, sorry for bothering you today", she apologized and started walking away. "I had been wondering what are the marks on the post are. I thought they were done by curses since there are residuals, two of them", Megumi informed. 

Airi covered her lower face and smiled. "Kugisaki and Itadori will have some study sessions with me tomorrow. You're free to join as well", Megumi said before entering his room. 

Chapter end.