七: 全部 (Everything)

Gojo became the strongest.

"You look like you're getting thinner, Suguru. Are you feeling alright?", his friend asked. "The warm weather might be tire me", Getou answered. "Are you eating a lot of noodles?", Gojo tilted his head.

"Getou-san!", Airi ran towards the lad and hugged his torso. "Welcome back", the lad patted her head feeling guilty about not fetching her. "Congratulations on your release", Gojo teased. "Don't make it sound as if I came from the prison", she pouted and looked at the tired look from the man. "You're not eating that much, right? I'll go and cook right away", Airi broke from the hug. "You shouldn't be jumping here and there, Airi. The doctor said you still have to rest a lot", Ieri followed behind. "I'm doing alright, Airi. Why don't we head back to the dormitory?", Getou invited and offered his hand. The girl reached out to it and just stared at the lad's painful smile.

What is it that conflicts you, Getou-san?

"Satoru's doing mission alone because he's strong enough to do so", Getou informed. "And Ieiri-san doesn't really like fighting so she keeps herself away from dangerous mission", Airi noticed.

So, I am often alone.

"So you're often alone. Sorry, Getou-san. I should have become stronger earlier", Airi tighten her grip on her favorite human. "I am here now. I will do my best not to make Getou-san feel alone", she leaned closer to him.

Elementary School

The other children already left the school campus. It was Airi's schedule for cleaning and another classmate was assigned as her partner. She interacts with her classmate for group activity but doesn't initiate conversations with them. The child wasn't that sure what to talk about. She can hear her classmates talking about cartoon series which she isn't interested in. Most of the time, she would exercise with Getou, practice the flute, read books with Ieri or have endless arguments with Gojo.

While cleaning the board, she heard her classmate scream. On the dark part of the corridor is a figure being formed. "Come here", she called for her classmate. Airi covered her mouth as she hugs her classmate. They hid under the table.

Mommy, where are you?

Dad, why aren't you coming home?

They can hear the painful cry of the curse. It was a dreadful sight. The seemingly blob had couple of small hands and the tears coming from the monster turns into acid. "I'll make a distraction. If we keep staying together, we won't be able to leave. Trust me, I'll save you", Airi assured and showed the exit. She was going to be the bait and will distract the curse until the other child leaves the building.

Haibara kicked the curse and did exorcism. Since it was a small curse, it wasn't a great deal. "Getou-san sent us all a message and it happened that I was the closest so I replied as fast as I can. I can feel from his message that he will teleport here if given the power to do so", the cheerful high schooler waved his hand. Airi sighed and her knees gave up. "Thank you, Haibara-san", she bowed her head. "How'd you know?", the lad was surprised. "I often see you around in the campus", she answered and looked at the window. She saw a figure of someone and some white hair peeking. She covered her mouth and laughed. "Eh? Is there something funny, Nishimiya-chan?", Haibara panicked thinking that she was possessed or affected by the incident.

Jujutsu High Stairs

"Why are you the one walking me here?", Airi asked in slight annoyance. "Haibara needs to attend to his original mission. He happened to be in the vicinity, so he took a detour", Gojo explained while playfully walking behind the girl. "Getou-san told me that you became the strongest. Whatever that means, all I know is that everyone's lives are in danger", Airi pressed her lips remembering Getou's wounds from Toji. "Suguru's on his way back here. Since he's good with people, he's the one being requested while I get to deal with nasty stuff", the white head seemed to read what the girl is thinking of. "Serves you right", Airi commented. The two continued with their bickering with how Gojo is arrogant and cannot work well with other people.

Huh? You can't even make a decent conversation with people. You give Getou-san a bad name for being acquainted with you.

Says the one who scares the lady away from the poor guy!

Getou-san said he doesn't need any girlfriend to begin with.

Hah! That's just your delusion of keeping him forever in your grip. Grow up.

I bet you'd be hated by the elders or even now, you're already a threat to them.

That's what you get from being the best in your craft. People throw rocks on things that shine.

You're just a nail that sticks to much and needs to be hammered down. It's a good thing that you're covering your ugly eyes now.

Airi coughed and stopped walking. Her eyes widened as she sees blood on her hand. "Handkerchief?", Gojo offered which she took immediately. She looked away and winced. She felt so much pain in her throat. It was as if air passage is being stabbed by multiple thorns and being electrocuted at the same time. "Let's go to the hospital. Ieri might be busy", he was about grab on Airi's shoulder when he heard sobbing. "Is it that painful that you have to cry? Then, what is more painful? Something that your body feels or what your mind overthinks? ", he sat on the stairs facing the opposite. The girl wiped her mouth and breathed deeply.

"I won't last that long, right? I heard the principal and the doctor talking. I pretended to be sleeping", she informed. "Uhm, so, what do you want to do?", Gojo leaned on his palm waiting for an answer. "Can you buy me medicine that will make the pain lesser? I can tolerate it. If I spend more time in the hospital, I don't know when is next time will be I'll out. By the time, Getou-san might be in another mission", she wiped her tears. "You sure is talkative today", Gojo slipped in painkillers in the child's pocket.

"As soon as he's off for another mission. I'll drag you to have your check up once more", the white head said with irritation. "Uhm, Thanks", she said with a small voice. "I can't hear you", Gojo teased. "Fine, whatever. Thanks", she said with an annoyed tone. "Is that how you thank your savior?", the lad pouted.

Chapter end.