五: 子供 (Child)

Amusement Park

Getou and Gojo are both in casual clothing. "Why are you here as well?", Airi said with an irritated expression. "Principal said we can have some time off before the next mission. You were the one who stole Suguru, don't forget that", Gojo grabbed Airi and started enjoying the rides. He was hoping she would cry from the fear of heights. The black-haired lad would usually stay behind for him to catch the girl if in case Gojo threw her in the air.

They also entered a haunted house. "That's a real curse. What is it doing here?", Getou prepared to exorcise it but there are people around. "I guess we just have to go back some other day. Chill man. We don't know how many days we'll be sent for this next mission", the white head said while being amused with Airi holding Getou's hand tightly. "Which means we will be back?", the child stopped walking. The tall black-haired lad patted her head. "Sure, maybe that time, Ieri and Utahime can also join us", he smiled. Getou smirked and taunted Airi that there are curses who are immune with light and can appear in dreams. "Seriously, why do you have to tag along", the girl clicked her tongue.

The three rested for a while as they eat ice cream. "Getou-san, your vanilla ice cream seems yummy", Airi gulped. "It's a plain flavor", he offered but the girl scooped and happily ate it. "You can also have mine", Gojo invited. "You don't have any taste", the girl looked at the coffee flavored ice cream with disgust.

Airi looked at the huge Ferris wheel and back to Getou. The white head saw it and smiled. "I remembered that I have to fetch Ieri at the mall. You're no fun, Airi. You should at least shriek or scream when you're scared", the lad messed with her hair then disappeared. "Do you think I hurt him?", the kid looked at his half-finished ice cream. She reached out and tasted it and still showed disgust. "It's bitter", she complained. Getou chuckled and fixed the girl's hair. "Do you dislike Satoru?", he asked while combing the girl. "He's always trying to piss me off, not that he's successful. It's just that it rubs me off to know that he's spending more time with you. I know you're not easily influenced but my teacher says that a rotten tomato mixed with healthy ones will affect the others", Airi answered.

"I commend you for not being ticked off. There are times that my fuse blows off and that the principal needs to break us off from fighting. I'm not as mature as Airi", the lad wiped the ice cream from the girl's cheek. "But when it comes to worse cases, you should go running to him", Getou stood. "There's no way I'll ask him for a favor. I'll train very hard that I don't need to ask help from him", Airi said with confidence. "While we're at the Ferris wheel, I'll play a song for you", the girl held the lad's hand and dragged him towards the line.

Ferris Wheel

Getou clapped as Airi stopped playing. "You're a fast learner. It's been a week since you enrolled", the lad commended. "There's nothing much to do in the dormitory since Natsumo-san won't let me cook that much. He's scared that he'll get replaced by me", the child narrated with excitement. Warm and huge hand patted the girl's head. "That's how a child should sound, I'm glad you're having fun, Airi", the lad smiled.

"Gojo-san once told me that you found me as a child and that I should act one. I don't know how to act my age and I don't care about that. All I want is to stay with Getou-san as much as I can", Airi hugged his arm and leaned on it.

A week after

Dormitory

"Suguru won't be coming home so you might want to sleep in my room", Ieri walks toward the lady sitting at the entrance. "I am thrilled that Gojo-san won't be around, but I hope Getou-san will be alright. Are they dispatched for a mission?", she asked. "Something like that. They're protecting a girl around our age", Ieri nodded. "A girl around your age?!", Airi stood and looked at Ieri. "Well, I think he didn't tell you the details. Amanai Riko, she's a compatible vessel for Tengen-sama. She is to be escorted here to merge with him", the lady explained and caressed the girl's head. "Worried that Suguru will be stolen from you?", the lady chuckled.

"Getou-san is free to choose whoever he wishes to, I will be supp-", she stopped as Ieri gave a teasing smile. "If Getou-san is happy, then I will root whoever he wishes to marry!!!", she closed her eyes and shouted. The door opened. "That's such a pure love",Ieri clapped and both of them looked at Gojo and Getou who entered. "I thought you were in a mission", Airi was all flustered after shouting something embarrassing. "Eh?! I thought you will be like... Suguru is mine and I will butcher whoever attempts to marry him", Gojo teased.

Shut up! For a person who has 0% chance to have a woman, don't act so mighty.

Huh?! I'm quite popular. I'll give you this chance to gaze at my beauty.

Wear your sunglasses. I can't bear to see your ugly eyes.

Ugly?! Do you know how many people adore these eyes?!

While the two are arguing, Getou and Ieri talked about the mission. "I'll leave her in your hand, Ieri. I don't think we can return that early", the lad looked at Airi pulling Gojo's hair while her cheeks are being stretched by his partner. "What? Are you planning to rebel against Tengen-sama?", the lady seemed to read the atmosphere. It is a girl who is around their age, someone who has the future waiting ahead, a future that will never happen. Getou walks towards Airi. "What happens of her if you both leave? Satoru's mental age descends when he's with her and you are acting as her father figure. It'll be difficult to find a playmate and a father at the same time", the lady made him stop walking. "What will happen depends on the vessel's decision but one thing is for sure, I will not abandon a family", he turned and smiled at her. Airi-chan. You bear such powerful charm. You made Suguru smile genuinely and you humble Satoru. May you live long life.

Cough! Cough!

"Airi", Gojo said worriedly as the lady coughed blood. Getou took his handkerchief and wiped the girl's palm. "I'm fine, really! I must have eaten a lot of spicy rice cake a while ago", she ran to Getou and shook her head hoping it will not bother the sorcerer. "I'll bring you to the hospital for check-up. I'll take good care of her so don't make those faces", Ieri assured the two and carried Airi. The whitehead saw his friend clench his fist. "Getou-san, Gojo-san, take care of Amanai-san", she smiled and gave a thumbs up.

Chapter end.