六: 最強 (Strongest)

Hospital

"Suguru really looked worried back then. I was thinking he'll abandon the mission", Ieri narrated to Yaga who is caressing the girl's hair. "He won't. That guy is a man of his words and he's the epitome of being a sorcerer", he gave a small smile. "Then, does that mean you like him better than Satoru? Just between the two of us", the lady crossed her fingers. "Seeing him follow the rules and regulations more than Satoru makes him earn credit. If both will find a solid ground to why they are sorcerers, I couldn't ask for more", he answered. Ieri's phone rang.

"Pneumonia. She'll be staying in the hospital for two days", Ieri looked behind and saw the girl regaining consciousness. The child opened her eyes and saw two stuff toys beside her. "Ah, Mini and Bini", she reached out to them and both dolls held her hands. "Principal Yaga agreed that they can visit", the lady was referring to the red and blue rabbits. "How are you feeling?", the principal asked. "Principal. Sorry, I hope I didn't bother you and Ieri-san", she panicked but the two dolls hugged her. "Don't move a lot, Airi-chan. Getting sick is normal", he assured.

"Here's your medicine", Ieri passed the phone for video call.

Ah! Brat. Look, this is what you call sea cucumber!

What are you showing a kid? Oh, how cute. Is that your sister?

A star fishes!

Here's a small octopus!

Look like you're having fun, Getou-san. I am happy for you as well.

How are you feeling? Don't worry, as soon as this mission is over, I'll be visiting you in the hospital.

Thank you, Getou-san. But you see, I kind of hope that it doesn't end too soon. Uhm! It's not that I don't like to see you.

Airi looked at Yaga and Ieri who seemed to understand what she's trying to say.

Make sure that Amanai-san have so much fun. I don't mind lending you to her for a longer time. With Gojo-san, tell him not to bully her as much.

She smiled making Getou pause. He looks at Gojo and the girl running after each other.

You're such a kind girl, Airi. Thank you.

After ending the call, she looked outside and saw that the clouds are turning dark. "Principal, I happen to hear you telling Getou-san and Gojo-san about the merging of Tengen-sama and someone who is compatible to his next vessel", she informed. The two older ones looked at each other. Ieri waved her hands and escaped leaving the old man to be in charge of explaining about the importance of keeping Tengen alive. 

"In this world, there are things you have to sacrifice for the good", the old man ended. "Does that mean I also have to be prepared to sacrifice Getou-san in the worse case?", the lady asked with concerned eyes feeling a thug on her chest.

Two Days After

Jujutsu High School Grounds

Airi waters the plant. "You can let the caretaker do the rest", Ichiji acted as her babysitter since Ieri has a mission. "Everyone walks this way every day to their room. I want them to be welcomed with healthy flowers", the girl explained her action. "I'm sure they will appreciate the thought", the man stood few feet away.

"Young lady, would you also want to train and study in this school?", he suddenly was curious. He had been curious why the child was allowed to stay in the premises of a special campus. The elders weren't so much bothered as well. "If that's the way I can stay longer with Getou-san", she answered. "How sweet~ He did a good job raising you, young lady", the man slightly clapped his hands. 

She dropped the pail and ran towards the entrance. "Where are you going, Nishimiya-san?", Ichiji ran after her. "Getou-san is back", she said with glee. "How did you know?", the man asked. "I sensed his presence", Airi answered which shook the man. There are only few people who can sense someone else presence, those who have high curse or those born in prominent curse user family.

Entrance of Jujutsu High

Riko panted as they reach the edge of the stairs. "I will never get stuck taking care of brat again", he sighed. "You did a great job", Suguru gave an assuring smile that allowed Gojo to loosen up. "Gojo-san!", they heard a child's voice. "Haha! It's me who the missy yearned to-", he wasn't done with his celebration when he felt a sword stabbing on his chest. "It's dangerous to be here, Nishimiya-san", Ichiji carried the girl as Getou gave a nod.

The two ran towards the forest. "Ichiji-san, Gojo-san, he's...", she stopped feeling the tight grip of the man on her hand. "We're leaving this matter to those two. They're special grade users. We have to trust them", he assured the girl as they go further from the hazard zone. 

He's strong enough to do missions alone. 

Strong enough to be alone. 

"You can choose. Whatever choice that will be, we'll protect you because we are the strongest"

Car

"Can you not turn the car back?", Airi faces at the other direction. Ichiji could see her worried expression. "We have to take Ieri-san with us. She's the only one who can repair them", he clenched his teeth also startled that one of the strongest had a sword stabbed on his chest. Ichiji's phone rang. "Ichiji-san! Gojo-san's presence suddenly disappeared", she informed. The man called Yaga without hesitation and reported the incident. Another disaster is happening in Tokyo that needed the attention of the higher ups. 

Dear Airi, listen to me. 

Principal, you have to come back. There is an enemy that is stronger than Gojo-san and Getou-san. I can feel Getou-san's presence fluctuating which means he is fighting now. 

Do you still remember what we talked about in the hospital?

No! I won't give Getou-san as a sacrifice. 

I know that is how you feel but we're not the one to talk. It will still be his decision. 

The Next Day, 

Dormitory Entrance

Getou went back to the dormitory with his wounds patched. Gojo is being questioned by the elders. Do you want to kill these monkeys? If he could have said yes, the burden in his chest might have been unloaded. He might have felt satisfaction crushing those monkey's head with their brain splattering on the floor. The entire cult temple might have been painted red, but he didn't chose that path because the strong exist to protect the weak. There is this pitch black room where he was imprisoned. 

"Welcome home", Airi opened her arms with a smile. The lad resigned to his tiredness and hugged the girl tightly. The darkness that seems to swallow him suddenly shattered at the sight of the child.  "I'm home", he said with a soft voice. "Sorry, Airi, for Amanai... I wasn't able to-", Getou's voice broke. The girl caressed his hair. "I know for sure. Amanai-san will be thankful for you and Gojo-san, both for making her days count and for trying to give her a choice", she pulled out from the hug and cupped the lad's face. "That's why, there's nothing to be sorry for", she assured. 

Chapter end.