* ੈ✩‧₊˚𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎. 𝙰 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚂𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙳é𝚌𝚘𝚛

⇣   𝚆𝙷𝙾 𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙴 𝙼𝙴 𝙰 𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙲𝙴𝚂𝚂?⇡

❝𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 but décor that gets dusty after a while." Words like that stained the heart that somehow beats for a man of nothing but a cold one. In the mix of everything else, people lay lifeless around one single woman. An evil, lustful, power-hungry woman. This time, she held none of that. Only but the effect of her causes.

It was a beautiful piece that did not fit in this man's puzzle. She looked at him with no more hope in her eyes. She should've run away. This place was destined for disaster and ruin. But in the end, she turned a blind eye to it. She believed that she was too good for anything terrible to happen to her. She thought she'd be able to live her life in pleasure and richness surrounding her every time she woke. However, this is what true ideocracy comes from. Nobles like her.

Décor. So she was now an object? Hilarious. She could laugh. Yet, no sound escaped her stained lips. She couldn't even speak anymore. All that was left was her very end of being a ruby. But no ruby is comparable to gold like that woman.

Looking up at diamond blue eyes, she half-heartedly welcomed her end. The man that held nothing but ice lifted his blade. The woman tried to remember the peaceful days she spent. As if you could call them that. She thought of how lovely the garden was and how this palace used to be.

Then, with a swing, her little moment of ignored remedy went black. She was nothing but a corpse that'll be forgotten. No one would remember her. Not even the man who killed her last.

˚☾⋆。𖦹 °✩

        "This is the Ruby Palace, Ma'am. From now on, you'll be known as a ruby. Are there any other questions?" Your eyes blinked twice, if not dozens of times. A red and yellow building was ahead of you. As next to you stood a woman. A maid.

You held a brown suitcase in your hands as a gush of breeze blew your clothing and cooled your skin slightly. You shivered at it. You shivered at what you're seeing right now. You could feel goosebumps carefully making their way to your skin. Your eyes widen.

"Ma'am? Are you alright?" the maid asked, but you continued to stare. Blue and red birds flew past you as leaves fell from the sky. A world of fantasy. In a flash, your mind traced back its steps. All you can remember was reading the last sentences of a novel. "Lovely Princess, was it? Perhaps it was that spin-off of it? After reading the two of them, your mind dozed off and fell asleep.

Of all things, you take the body of some lady living in the Ruby Palace? Perhaps you're serving in it. Maybe you're a new maid going to raise the "unlikely antagonist" of the story? Nonetheless, you were scared out of your wits. How could anyone just accept the fact that they've been transported into some inter-dimensional pocket world? Something among that category of supernatural.

You want to leave, right this instant. You dropped the brown suitcase and started smacking her face. Startled, the maid rushed to your "aid" as she tried to stop your so-called madness.

"Ma'am, what in the world of heaven are you doing?!" she screamed.

"Let go of me! This must be some lucid dream! I'm dreaming this is not real! None of this is real!" you repeatedly shouted. "I know, Ma'am. Really, I do. I thought I was hallucinating when I found out I was going to serve as a maid in the Ruby Palace of the Emperor! But I did not start hitting myself so harshly, Ma'am."

'I bet you didn't. You're not the one who woke up to find themselves in somebody in some random place!' You thought.

"So, please, stop hurting yourself and instead relax in the fresh smell of flowers. And maybe even the Emperor himself!" she giggled in your ear. Taking the suitcase from the ground, she dusted it off and walked excitedly to the palace.

The irrational part of your body tells you to run some other direction or do anything else that may "wake you up" from this beautiful, beautiful nightmare. While your rational side told you to follow the maid inside of the palace. Maybe you should choose the safer option.

Following behind the small maid, you took the time to think about your surroundings. You begin to shudder at the thought of hearing the title "Emperor"  in your ears. You, being a lady that is 'new' to the Ruby Palace of old and long dead concubines, with a psychopathic Emperor being the cause of that, you understand your incoming death.

The doors of the palace opened at your presence. You swore roses had blown past your face as the smell of woman's perfume intoxicates your nose. Blinding you from your negative thoughts. You're on the verge of sneezing right now. But you stop yourself from that even happening to begin with.

Furniture ranging from couches and tables with pots holding flowers you're not aware of all awaited you to see them. This palace was specially made just for you. Which it wasn't.

As I was saying, the new world that was so different from your own was right here in the flesh. It was interesting, to say the least. This nightmare or whatever sort of hallucination your brain is tricking you with is doing, seems too lavishing for someone as cheap and greedy as you.

The maid welcomed you inside, giving you a clearer view around the place. The carpet was laid finely, not a single stain nor dust particle could be seen, as if they could anyways. Or perhaps not yet. Maybe not dust but only the blood of those who inhabit this place. A place filled with a man's harem, that is.

You looked behind you, seeing the delightful outside slowly disappear at a royal set of doors. And just like that, a nightmare of luxury begins, and you're not sure if you could wake up. Looking forward once again, you're not sure if you're ready to start this new adventure with death lurking at your doorstep unless you do something about it.

Hearing steps from a random hallway, you glance to see a dark brown-haired woman with green eyes and a layered dress, clacking her feat against the ground and to your way. Halting in her steps, she stared at you with a look on your face. You can't depict if it's out of resentment or whatever could replace that.

Now, who is she?

published: sunday, 30th of july ;
originally published: sunday, 19th of march