* ੈ✩‧₊˚𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎. 𝙽𝚘 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚜 𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙽𝚘 𝚃𝚎𝚊

⇣ 𝚆𝙷𝙾 𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙴 𝙼𝙴 𝙰 𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙲𝙴𝚂𝚂?⇡

The door once again opened. The maid, along with two others following behind her held silver trays and one of them held a tray of cups of tea; that you knew were the things you requested the most. There, they settled the dishes on the table, bowing, and leaving without a trace. Waiting to be summoned once again. Oh, you'll bet on it.

Although you'll be leaving this beautiful but deadly place soon, you want a show of respect sent your way when you are going to be living with these ladies. No matter if they were cute, beautiful, strikingly fancy, all of those specific details come tumbling down, like a roly-poly on a green grassy hill.

Did that same lady have to deal with this? You wondered how she reacted. Despite not being a very important character in "Lovely Princess," she was but a brief mention of the Emperor's harem as they were known for their cunning and endearing acts of service. (This being a side note that wasn't all too important for the reader. Although, it is now.)

Among them was this lady. Who has been said to have a wicked heart, from some unknown spinoff. Nicknamed a witch if you will. Had no heart of gold but only complete darkness that was killed by the Emperor. He was branded a hero and savior, well, not because of the witch's falls, and his dumb, useless harem.

But in the face of a reality only you seemed to know, this man was far from either of those things. Funny. Did you steal these words from somewhere? I could've sworn you did.

Ignoring that fact, a man of bloodlust and only hunger for power, isn't a hero or a savior to anyone. Not in your eyes anyways. And to think that this cliché of a man, would get his heart warmed by his loving and most probably, Mary Sue of a daughter. You had nothing against her, but she was painful to read in her perspective.

Details like "As Jennette's diamond eyes reflected those of this icy cold Emperor. His eyes widened at her golden smile and glimmering soul." What a way to completely describe a naturally loved princess. You almost teared. Fine, you did kind of like her Mary Suing details. Nonetheless, this isn't what you're supposed to be dealing with right now. Describing the main character's popular looks and aweing personality, is not fit in this chapter.

Jennette's not even born yet, so thinking of her is out of the question. Especially since this girl will get whatever the hell she wants with just her dimples. You want to leave this place, that horrendous Emperor, all with respect at your feet.

You looked at the lady who taunted you with her dumb glossy smile. You weren't sure if this was the right decision, but what this lady did wasn't either.

"If you will, may you tell me your name?" you asked. The lady closed her eyes and replied- "My name is Adella. Adella Domus." You hummed at her name. "Your name is very pretty. I must say I'm quite envious of it," you say, taking a cup of tea from the table and sipping out of it. You don't even know what it means, but you weren't lying. It did sound pretty.

Adella laughed. "Thank you! I bet you're one who's good at flattering people with only a few words, no? Is complimenting people your hobby?" she asked.

"No, not really." You take another sip. "It's difficult for me to compliment things. Especially if there is something unique to admire. Perhaps I was just in the perfect mood for it today. Consider yourself lucky to hear such a thing come out of my mouth." Another sip will do the trick.

Adella stayed quiet for a bit. "Maybe I will. Who knows? But thank you again!"

"Like I said, the only thing you should be thanking is your luck, not me. Your parents as well for choosing something that fits you literally. Besides, I don't think complimenting you was anything rare. I bet others have said similar things. Even the Emperor must've liked it!" you laugh.

She's gone quiet once more. 'I'm not done yet...'

"It's such a nice name that every commoner must've named their baby girls after you. You're lucky to have your name populate like wildfire. Or maybe I was just overstepping it a bit. There's also a chance for that name to already be popular before you even came into this world."

"I wish my name was popular. And I hope those common folk knew what they were doing, naming their child after a noble. They must have high hopes for them to morph into you." Sure in your world it was, but you're not sure here.

Adella just has her head tilted to the side. She thought for a moment, rethinking everything you've just said. Sure, it may have sounded like dragged out nonsense, but being petty won't kill anyone.

"Haha! Every commoner you say?"

"Yes, I overheard some names being called left and right, and all I heard was "Adella, Adella, Adella!" That was an obvious lie. But nobles like her, which you could have guessed, are easy to manipulate with only a few words. This should be your new hobby.

"How intriguing!"

"For both of you, could you stop yapping so much? Can we eat what was given to us?" Romy questioned as she pointed at you. "You did ask for it. It would be a waste for it to go all bad." You nodded. You doubt the cake here will go bad over a little 'talk' you had with Adella. "Let us have some sugar," you replied. Mocking Adella's tone and choice of words.

The luxurious icing was neatly drizzled with strawberries placed circulatory around the rim of it all was enough to have your mouth watering. Okay, you were hungry. Taking a slice of the cake, and putting it on top of a small white glass plate, you waited for the rest of the girls to take their own bites first. Even the guest needs to have manners among the girls in this delirious harem.

"It tastes heavenly." Maisie was the first of the bunch. She did it rather too quickly. 'This lady likes sweets...' you looked at Romy, who took a bite after her. She only huffed and silently chewed on her food. 'Her too.' Now it was time to see how Cordelia was doing. Upon looking at her, she did not take a slice at all.

"I don't care for sweets," she said, as if she had just read your mind. You kind of forget there were people out there who don't like sweets very much. Maybe it just passed you. Now you look at Adella, the woman of it all. She did not take a bite out of the cake.

"You must try it for yourself. I've tried this cake multiple times. It's really extravagant." You were tempted, but all of this was for some petty revenge. "I apologize if this might have come off as rude, but... I don't feel like eating any sugar. I apologize."

Adella only smirked. "No worries. Like I said, there is no need to apologize [ Name ]. We're all rubies now, and we all have a change of heart."

"That's good to hear. Could you instead order two dozen cupcakes? I feel like eating that instead of cake. May I also request the same tea? It's extravagant." This time, it was you who smirked, and this time again, Adella rang the bell. Except, there was no glint that blared your eyes. Good.