* ੈ✩‧₊˚𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡. 𝚃𝚘 𝙺𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝙾𝚞𝚛 𝙼𝚘𝚘𝚗

⇣ 𝚆𝙷𝙾 𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙴 𝙼𝙴 𝙰 𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙲𝙴𝚂𝚂?⇡

"Who are you?" His eyes were diamond blue, just like the rumors and the spin off had exactly said. The moon glooms so beautifully and yet horribly too. You don't want to see his face. You don't want him to see your face. You grip your nightgown. A lump has been caught in your throat and you start to sweat. Your hands are getting warm and smooth, you don't need to look at them just to know. You can feel it!

Just how? How in the world did you get here? You wonder that too.

A distraction. You'd read the words carefully and then flip the page to read the words even more. The Emperor had concubines as a distraction. A distraction for everything that made him who he is to this day.

No matter how pleasing the women who walked in the halls of this palace had looked, they'd only be a distraction. A toy, a piece of food, a device, although they don't exist during this era and especially this genre. But, as a distraction should be, they must drive their masters (?) mind somewhere else. Especially the women's...nevermind.

Even if this is what you're only supposed to be in this palace, you don't want this. You don't want to have some fine décor. You don't want to be some illusion or enchantress. You want to leave. Be free! But can you? You wonder.

And with such thoughts, you wouldn't say you're doing the same thing the Emperor's doing at this point. Not anything explicit of course. That just sends shudders down your spine. God no. You take on using some things of this place to be a distraction. No matter how many...

Days with and without the sun had passed, as well as the nights with and without the milky moon. Some days it looked yellow, others it looked slightly blue. But it will always be yellow and orange. As the moon would be white and gray. Just like the lenses of this beautiful and ugly place.

During this time, you've only stayed in your room and had done absolutely nothing. You just sit around, perhaps reading a book. Maybe writing down some notes. Whatever it may be, you had done. Silently, you wished you had the electronic device, deadly and controlling, but worth your time, had been in your possession. 'I miss my phone!~' you'd wail. In your head of course. Although, you do believe that you have let it out of your mouth at some point. One of the maids looked at you oddly.

If only they knew your current situation. But during that amount of time you have spent writing. You eye your notebook. You had apparently glimpsed into the future. And only in a day! Hah! However, what if it was only fake? No, it couldn't and shouldn't be. How accurately and realistic everything had felt, it'd be tough to deny such a thing. You purse your chapped lips. Damn, why do they always have to dry like this?

Thus, thoughts you wished would take a turn and your bat a blind eye to it, had returned. That night. You place one of your nails in your mouth. Your heart thumps faster. That night, that night, that night. It's the only thing that seemingly keeps you awake at night and why you decide to procrastinate from this new reality you're in.

'What if she kills me again?' What happened to all that confidence from a while back?! You sure weren't scared when you slapped her! 'What if I get another one of those dreams where I die?! Or am I just overreacting. This is a normal situation anyone would be scared right? Right?!' you think. 'What will happen tonight?! When will I go to bed?' You turn to look at the bed. Lately, you have just slept on your couch. It was better than sleeping there where all the 'action' took place.

Suddenly, knocks were made at your door. Quickly, you turn and hear the voices of what seems to be the maids. "I'll be right there!" you say. 'How long have they been knocking?' you thought. Hopefully not long.

You hurry up and walk to your door that soon opens by none other than you. You put on your usual smile, keen yet hopefully understandable. There, Olivia and some other girl, stand in front of your door.

"Is there anything I must do for you girls?" you ask, leaning slightly close to their faces. Gosh, why do you always have to go so close to their face?! "Yes there is Ma'am." Their voices sound pretty strange. You look at their faces better. Especially Olivia's. One thing for sure is that her face generally gives out what she's trying to imply. Her cheeks are flushed and her hand is close to her face. You raise your brow for this. (Don't you have a habit?) Now you look at the other girl's face.

"Is there something wrong?" you ask. "No, of course not Ma'am. It's just that, it's time." Your brow raises higher than before. "It's time that you would join the Emperor and the rest of the Misses to the main room." You're stunned. "Could you please elaborate more? I don't seem to understand what you're trying to imply." Olivia grabs your hands. "The Emperor wishes for your presence along with the other Misses!" She giggles. "Come again?" You asked.

"I apologize if this may sound informal." Olivia sighs as she brings you close. Just as you had done with her just a few nights before. (The incident!) Then, she whispers. "But...You'll be pleasing the Emperor. I mean by ???" she says. And take a step back.

"..." Your body falls to the floor. Almost pathetic. Though, you'd say it was quite a necessity to be dramatic in this situation. There you are, in the hallway at the brink of night. Windows to your right as the moon's light shines brightly. It seems to have a crush on you.

"You don't want this. You're embarrassed to say the least. Show the Emperor your... you can't even finish this thought without cringing. You haven't done anything of this sort before! How could you forget, and just as you were contemplating the matter beforehand too! You think back to the spinoff.

"Skin is as thin and smooth as a gold coin. Her hair runs down, trying to mimic the waves of a dark sea. And eyes that are hopelessly in love with a man that doesn't reciprocate it. She lusts for his touch, as she delusionally believes he does too."

You were cheeky to the face of this kind of stuff. But you promised yourself to only do so when you love someone down to the hells of Earth! Not this! You don't love this man!

You grip your hair and grit your teeth. You need to escape this. Skip it! You don't ever want to do this. So, you thought of ways to escape this situation. Although, it all dies down to your position. You're a concubine. One's sole purpose here is to be a distraction. What's the point of keeping you here if you can't fulfill that?

Wait. If you're not able to fulfill your role, could you perhaps leave this place unscathed?

"Thump... Thump..." What's that sound? Is what you would say. However, your ears seem to be stopping whenever you're feeling this dreadful way. Then, the thumps come to a stop right behind you. It must be the feet that take you back to the real world.

"Who are you?" this person asks. You look up to see a man before you. Looking down at you pathetically. Suddenly, you're getting the case of Deja vu. In response to the sudden person, you jump back in fear of what may come. A tall pale man. Wearing quite the reveal of clothing. And short golden yellow hair that forces you to think of Rapunzel. Silly thought, you know.

If looks could kill one would say, it'd happen right now. Screw that thought about your excuse. If you were to say such a thing in front of this man, he'd surely kill you. Right? Is he not filled with malice despite not even experiencing Diana's fall from life?

But. those eyes. Oh, those diamond blue eyes. Breathtakingly deadly. They had the look of a snowfall that is yet to end, only to be turned into a blizzard that'd soon take your own life. Your hands fall to your nightgown, as you grip it with fear and amazement. Because of your thoughtless state, you seek these words.

"Claude." What? The man looks at you with a bit of more fierceness in his eyes. "Oh? So you call me by my name, as if you know me? However," the man kneels slightly, only so he reaches your level. "Do I know you? You have yet to grace me with the answer I am looking for. Go on. Who are you?"