* ੈ✩‧₊˚𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚎𝚗. 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚜𝚒𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝙲𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊

⇣ 𝚆𝙷𝙾 𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙴 𝙼𝙴 𝙰 𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙲𝙴𝚂𝚂?⇡

And so, Claude's birthday was just in a few hours. The incident was gone with the wind. It was "Just a way to slander you. Please don't put so much thought into it, Miss." Your thoughts only did the opposite of what Olivia told you to do. Ignore them, how could you? You are a small villain. A very small one in fact, so small, how can anyone from the real world remember you?

Sure, the concubine was cruel, and will most likely stay those colors as long as the light in the ruby palace shines on her like one of its own.

You are at the front door of the ruby palace, as requested by the emperor himself. He wears loose clothing, but enough to cover him at least.

You sweat a bit at the little tension and empty silence.

"Good Morning, Your Majesty," you say, bowing just at the sight of him. Claude nods and only looks at you with expecting eyes.

"You still don't have anything to say to me?" he says. Cold and overbearing. You shudder at his words.

"I just have nothing to say, your majesty," you answered quickly. It's awkward, you know. It's just the things that have been going on and the strange note the two of you left off many days ago. It's rough trying to converse. You're just not in the mood. Actually, whenever are you?

Claude only hums at your expected answer. The silence then fills the air. Shall you break it this time? It's pretty embarrassing, especially when you have maids behind the doors, near you, and some behind him.

A light bulb then shines at the top of your head. You snap your fingers and take out something from your pockets.

"I have a gift for you, your majesty," you inform. An eyebrow practically flickers by just hearing it.

There, you walk over to him and ask for his hand.

Claude gives it out to you, curious on what you would have to give him.

When you remove your hands, Claude peers down to see a compass in his hand. Unsure on how to respond. So, he looks at you.

"It's a special compass. Meant to navigate the brightest star in the sky, Mono," you explained. You're not too completely sure on how it works, but the merchant you visited said so. Aren't you gullible?

Claude only looks at you and then back at the compass. It is adorned with gold carvings and bits of jewels you forgotten the names of. With the needle reflecting off of the light coming from the Sun, as if it was a red jewel. A red ruby.

Now you feel like it was some stupid gift. You bet all the other nobles had gotten jeweled swords even. A cloak made from their spectacular animals with stupidly fancy names. Or even flowers that'd never rot and die. Who knows what goes on in a world of magic? But you can only hope this trinket of some sort works, and is hopefully ignored. It'd be rude to disrespect the Emperor. Wait, would this gift be considered rude?