4. Elijah

FOUR fucking days. Four days. That's how long it's been since I've spoken to Mercy. I am ashamed, embarrassed, and royally pissed at myself. Not only am I a pussy but I don't deserve to be called a man.

...okay that's to far.

Anyways, I'm fucked. I know I'm fucked because every day when I go to see the kids I can see her glaring at me from the corner of my eye. We don't speak and that just makes it worse.

"Mr. Hart is my presentation boring you?" One of the shit heads I allowed to grace my meeting room today asked me.

Halting the tapping of my pen against the table I looked up at him. He has been shaking up there for the past hour— except he spent most of his time trying to prepare himself to actually present. By the time he started, half the men here were drooling all over my fucking table and the women well, they couldn't be bothered to look up from their phones.

"I've seen better presentations from my four year olds." I mumbled, to in-depth in my head to actually give a fuck. "If you can't hold an audience this small then whatever the hell you're trying to pitch me won't either."

Loosing the tie around my neck I looked up at the clock for no reason except wanting to be somewhere else but here.

"I'm sorry sir but it's only been five minutes. If you let me-."

"If all it takes is five minutes for you to bore us then I don't really see the need to continue. Send in who's next and next time you think of wasting my time— don't."

He scurried out of the room taking his papers with him. The door shuts on his way out but opens again not even minutes later.

"I have a presentation to present Mr. Hart." I tense in my seat at the voice behind me. Her heels clinked against the hard floor and she rounds the table standing in front of us. "It's called, how August murdered her baby daddy."

I didn't have to wonder if she was still pissed at me. The death stare she was giving me already told me that. I sat up in my chair ordering everyone else out of my meeting room. They pushed out the door closing it behind them.

"What do I owe the pleasure?"

She crossed her arms over her chest and scoffs. "Don't give me that bullshit. Why have you been ignoring me?"

"I haven't been ignoring you." I lie. We all know it's a lie.

"Elijah seriously. What happened after our dinner, I thought it was going well."

I run a stressed hand through my hair, tugging at the strands in frustration. Standing up I made a move to exit the meeting room and go back to my office.

"If you leave this room so help me God, I'm changing every fucking code in my house and you won't be able to get in."

Stopped in my tracks I don't move an inch. I look at her like she's crazy. "Are you fucking with me?"

"I'm not. No, you see I've been patient enough, waiting to see when you'd stop fucking with me. You've been ignoring me for four days Elijah." She damn near yells.

"What do you want from me?" I asked, sounding like an ass, my voice condescending. "You don't get to come in here asking me what's my fucking problem when you're the cause of said problem."

"Me?! I didn't do anything!"

"You did enough." I glared, hands tucked away in my pockets. Mechanism for when I want to grab something and break it.