10. August & Elijah

August

MIGRAINES were a bitch. I was slowly starting to reel in my inner peace and it was going well too. Dr. Fallon has helped me a lot when when it came to my anger but I am at a boiling point and soon I'll fucking overflow.

I paced Elijah's kitchen chewing off my nails. Literally, my acrylics were coming off one by one and I was spitting them on the floor. That's how pissed I am.

Daisy-Lee was in the living room with her insignificant ass crying— causing my head to ache more and I was ten seconds away from socking her in her shit— pregnant or not.

"Mercy-."

"Nope, leave me alone. I don't want to talk to you." I dismiss. That's me being calm because if I had to talk I'd say some down bad ass shit and piss us both off even more.

"Can you please stop and listen for a second?" He sighed.

I done came out of my heels, the back of my dress unzipped, and my hair pulled from its once neat updo. I'm hot, and this was definitely not how I pictured my night going. "I mean how can you be so irresponsible?! Condoms are a thing, you need to learn that, fuck this is crazy. I feel like I'm going crazy. Shut that bitch up!" I yelled.

He didn't have to move because her hiccuping ceased to exist when my loud voice sounded through the house. I rolled my eyes continuing my pacing.

"I swear, it was an accident, it just happened. I didn't even plan on having sex with her that night."

I send him a heated look wanting him to shut up now. Men are ridiculous sometimes. Elijah begins walking to the other side of the counter where I purposely stood to be away from him. "No, you don't get to come— Elijah I said-."

"You said no." He says grabbing my arm and pulling me against him. I place my palms flat against his chest pushing him away.

"I don't want you next to me right now."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't care, please let me go." I try again.

His arms wrap around me tighter and I fight against him before I started crying. I'm hurt, I'm angry, and it's taking everything in me to not break down. My anger is better than any tears right now. "Mercy, I love you-."

"No, stop it."

"I love you beautiful and I know I fucked up. I don't know what to do but I can't loose you again, I won't loose you again."

I shook my head, my heart sinking in my chest. Elijah didn't understand, he couldn't. This isn't about me, it's not my kid but still it hurts. I don't want to see him raising kids with someone other than me and I know that's selfish but I don't care.

Eventually I got tired of pushing him off of me and just let him hold me. I didn't make a sound as my tears drench the cloth, I just buried my head in his chest, my fingers bunched into the material of his shirt. Good thing I didn't wear any makeup. "I... I hate you so much right now."

"That's okay." He says caressing my hair, probably tangling my curls. "You can hate me just don't leave me... please."

I always told myself I wouldn't play step mom to any man's child but the thought of letting him go again didn't even cross my mind. It should, but it didn't.

"I need you to back off for a few minutes. I need to breath Elijah." I told him pushing at his arms.

He hesitantly let me go— finally. I wiped my eyes and dug through my purse to text Caprice asking if she could spend the night with the kids. She instantly responded with a yes and I sighed. "What are you going to do? Obviously you can't not take responsibility."