Eleven

There's always this house in movies that has to be scary. That's where the villian lives so it has to be physically horrifying to look at.

Valentina had a house like that of her own. This house seemed gorgeous on the outside, nothing leaked out the secrets kept in the walls.

The walls that soaked in the sounds of her screams over many years as she felt both physical and mental pain.

She escaped that home but now she finds herself willingly back in it's clutches.

Valentina Nanu Rodriguez's POV

As we walked in I began to feel scared. It was almost pitch black due to the curtains on the windows so we opened those and I began to look around.

It was the same as I remembered it.

Messy but not too messy. Cold yet warm as if someone was breathing down your neck. The house had no character since mom died.

It was plain and all the pictures that were usually hanging on the walls were ripped down besides a single picture of me, mom, Vonny and Frank one thanksgiving.

After that visit is when the abuse got really bad. Fights every day over stupid shit, Frank going on rampages and I always had to hide in the closet.

Everything flooded back as I climbed the stairs, phone flashlight on and in my hand. My bedroom doors was broken down.

Right off the hinges. Most likely from the night I ran away and god that night I regret nothing about.

I walked in slowly and looked around.

My posters were ripped off the wall all of my boxes of shoes thrown everywhere. Clothes and hair stuff just everywhere and I cried when I saw the one thing I regret leaving behind, shattered.

It was the snow globe mommy got me for my 10th birthday and I always kept her necklace wrapped around it because they meant the world to me.

The necklace though was placed neatly on my dresser. Like it was never touched so I picked it up.

It was a silver necklace with the infinity symble. On the infinity was a ladybug.

Mami always said that her love for me would last for infinity and the ladybug gave her good luck so she could be the best mami ever.

She always spoke to me in spanish. She found that iy was important for me to know my roots.

My dad wasn't around at all. Even though I always romantized what he was like. I thought he was the best papi in the whole wide world despite never meeting him.

"Baby you okay?" Ethan came and placed a hand on my waist. Suprisingly I didn't jump when I felt his warm hand on my body.

"Yeah, attic stairs are the way." I put on the necklace and began walking towards the stairs.

It was dark and smelled funny but it wasn't scary like you'd expect. It was almost welcoming since mom had painted it a baby blue.

We began looking for anything that stuck out at all, a box, a chest, a tote or anything.

"Ma I think I found something." I walked over to Ethan and saw him looking at a big teal chest.

It had my name on top in big purple letters.
It seemed rather heavy but I didn't wamma open it in the attic.

"Mi amor help me get this downstairs please." I picked one side of the chest up as Ethan got the other. We carried it down both flights of stairs before sitting infront of the couch.