Twenty-Two

Christmas.

It's a time of giving and most people celebrate with dinner parties or Secret Santas or maybe even just cozying up on the couch.

Others may go on vacations to warmer destinations and have the time of their lives.

Valentina always loved Christmas because her Mami always made it the best she could for her baby.

She would buy her as many presents as she could afford and after they were opened she'd take her over her Abuelo and Abuela's house.

Every Christmas was treasured in Valentina's heart forever.

Valentina Nanu Rodriguez's POV

It's two days before Christmas and we were getting ready to leave for Hawaii where we'd be spending it.

Ethan and his family were coming because he just couldn't imagine not seeing me on our first Christmas together, his words not mine.

I had on a pair of Nike sweats and one of Ethan's hoodies. I grabbed my black Uggs and went downstairs where everyone was waiting.

"Took you long enough!" Brett said rolling his eyes. He and Papi were coming too because they also wanted to spend time with me.

It was going to be a full house but Vonny said he had a surprise for us.

I just piled into my car with Ethan in the passenger seat, and Dd, Brett, and Ivy in the back.

I had to follow Vonny since I wasn't given a location to put into the GPS. It was about an hour out from the house and we pulled into an airport parking lot with a jet sitting in the middle of it.

"What the fuck." I said looking at it. It was huge I swear it was as big as the house.

We all got out and grabbed our luggage before walking over to Vonny was was watching us and smiling.

"We're going to Hawaii in style." He said and waved his hand as if he was presenting the jet to everybody in some crazy drawn-out way.

"Well, what are we doing just standing here!" I said and ran onto the jet. It was so nice in here and I immediately found the perfect seat and claimed it for the long journey.

Hawaii was beautiful. We were greeted at the hotel doors with the flower necklace things and drinks.

Everybody got their room keys and I shared with Ethan so we both went up the elevator to go and put our stuff away.

the room was gorgeous with accents of gold along the blue marble. The bed had pristine white seats and silk pillows.

The hotel looked like a dream and I was so enchanted to see how the trip was going to be.

Every night we would go out and eat somewhere different. Everyone laughed over dinner and then we would all split up into our rooms for the night.

Every night was the same except for Christmas and here's why.

"Baby put on something nice," Ethan said getting dressed and I looked at him funny because as far as I was concerned we were going out to eat at some hibachi restaurant.

"Why?" I asked looking for the one fancy dress I packed. It was the baby blue one I had worn to Asia's birthday dinner.

I wore it with white sandals and my favorite necklace and bracelet set along with Pearl earrings.

Ethan took me to the beach and covered my eyes leading me somewhere. It was quiet yet I felt I could hear the sound of the ocean.

"Bro you know I'm scared of sharks," I said grabbing a hold of his hands. He just chuckled as we stopped and he took his hands off of my eyes.

There was a gorgeous picnic on the sand. A few candles lay around a blanket with a picnic basket on the top along with a speaker.

"Awe baby" I felt happy tears swell up in my eyes. He had done all this for me?

"You like it?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his chin on my shoulder.

"Like it? I love it Ethan, thank you." I smiled and gave him a tiny kiss before we sat down and started eating.

After an hour or so I noticed Ethan was fidgety and he kept going to say something but every time he would pull back.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked and he looked up at me with a deep breath. 

"Nervous that's all," He said looking around I was so puzzled at that response but before he pulled out a small box. "Valentina since the moment I laid eyes on you I been plotting to make you mine and now that I got you I just wanted to tell you some of my favorite things about you. I love the way you mess with your hair until you think it looks perfect. The way you sit in the mirror and do your make-up or when you stand in the bathroom taking it off. I love your laughs, I mean all of them. The ugly laugh, your little giggle and all. I love the way your eyes light up when you look at Valentino and Ivy. I love your style and how you can pull off a dress or a pair of baggy cargos. I love you and the way you have allowed me to learn about your past so that I can love you so much harder," I was starting to tear up a little. He didn't understand how much he meant to me. "I love it when you talk Spanish at me, whether you're yelling or really excited. I love the way you sing like it's nobody's business in the car when Taylor Swift comes on and most of all I love you, Valentina. I'd give my last dying breath to make you happy."

I smiled at him as he pulled out the box and showed me a gorgeous silver ring inside of it. It had a blue diamond in the middle of it that was shaped like a heart with tiny white diamonds on either side of it and our names engraved into it. 

At this point, I was balling my eyes out. I mean I was crying like a baby. I couldn't hold it in no matter how hard I tried. Ethan didn't understand how much this meant to me. 

"I promise to love you Forever and Always, Valentina." He placed the ring on my finger and I tackled him into the sand giving him a million kisses. 

He promised to love me forever and always and I truly believe him. He has always tried to make me happy no matter how much we fight or how much shit goes down between us. 

"I'll love you til the end of time Ethan," I whispered before placing my lips onto his slowly letting the sound of the ocean take my mind away. 

THANK YOU FOR MORE THAN 5 THOUSAND READS THIS MEANS THE FUCKING WORLD TO ME!!!!!!!