Thirteen - Zeus

She was vibrating in his hands, the way her body thrummed against his as her orgasm hit like a bomb going off. Zeus thought his dick was going to burst through his pants to get at her pussy, feeling his hybrid in his arms. The way she panted to catch her breath was addicting and his knot throbbed to stretch and fill her tight cunt.

His little hybrid, so perfect in every way. She was like putty in his hands as his ears picked up the faint whirl of an engine overhead.

Snapping his head toward the door of the utility shed. Zeus' hands stopped. Listening closer.

"Shit."

He grabbed the waistband of her pants, yanking them back up over her bottom as he grabbed her arm. Zeus pulled her with him to the door as he shoved it open to look around. The engine was getting closer. This area was a no-fly zone. He'd chosen it because of it. Because of the inactivity of the volcano, there was no reason for anyone to risk coming this high up. Winds were often too strong for any normal piece of aircraft to fly through. The team's jet made it through fine. The entrance to the tunnel was a little further down the mountain. Zeus had tunnels dug out and built it all from the ground up.

Castian once asked him why he chose this place, and Zeus had told him it was because it was a no-fly zone. He didn't want anyone flying over and spotting the house built into the mountain.

"We need to go," Zeus said, pushing the door open before his arms locked around Tati's back. He swung her into his arms as he sprinted toward the entrance to the house as the wind picked up around them.

A black shuttle jet loomed closer, building speed as he threw the door open and sat Tati on her feet.

Turning to the panel by the door, he tapped in a code, pressing a green button. Automatic shutters slid closed all over the exposed windows of the house.

"Castian! She's here, we need to move now!"

Erika yelped in from the stairs as she was walking down them. For the first time since meeting the hybrid, she actually looked afraid.

"It's going to be alright, follow me." Zeus said as Vexx moved closer to the door, motioning for them to follow.

"Come on, guys. Everyone is going to be fine." Vexx's soft, deep baritone chimed behind them as he ushered them toward the basement door. Ducking as they heard gunfire strike off the shutters and the front door. The shields would hold for a while, but if they had explosives and there was nothing that led Zeus to believe, they didn't. They would break through—and it wouldn't take long for them to infiltrate the house once they gained access.

Their footsteps thundered down the stairs as the first explosives went off.

"How the hell did she find us?" Apollo asked, helping Tabetha and Doctor Samfred through the door out into the tunnel. Below them led to the garage where all their vehicles and the jet were well hidden from the rest of the world.

"Question for another time, Apollo." Castian closed the lid on a briefcase and tossed it to Brock while Khole was hugging another to her chest. Tabetha and Samfred already carried their own through the tunnel with them.

Secondary blasts sounded overhead, and Zeus's ears twitched.

"They're inside. It's time to go."

With Tati in his arms, Zeus entered the tunnel ahead of Castian. Khole and Brock followed, with Apollo and Erika behind them. Castian would be the one to close them in and set the door locks. He'd had the door fashioned to look the same as the rest of the rocky surface of the walls in the basement. They wouldn't be able to get through the door if they couldn't find it.

"Where will we go now?" Zeus heard Erika whisper to Apollo. The number of footsteps he counted. Apollo was carrying a hybrid, too. He could hear the younger man's steady heartbeat as it pounded against his chest.

"It'll be okay, Sunshine. We planned for this to happen; we hoped it wouldn't." Apollo said.

Sunshine. It was what he'd been calling Erika since day one. At first, Zeus hadn't understood it, but now he did.

How was he so blind to see it? He'd felt primal jealousy whenever Apollo got close to Tati today. He'd been possessive of her back at the municipal building this morning. But Apollo wouldn't lay a hand on Tati—not to claim her—or anything else sexual. Apollo looked at Tati the same way Zeus looked at Erika and Khole. They were mated women, members of their team and family now. They were like his sisters.

Apollo had been mated to Erika this whole time, and Zeus never suspected.

"What are we going to do?" Tati asked him, his body trembling in his arms, sensing it wasn't due to fear. It was adrenaline. She had spent six months on this planet, running and hiding.

"Phase one, we get the fuck out of here. Someplace we know we aren't being watched." Zeus said.

He didn't want to tell Tati too much, not right now, while they were in the tunnels. There were too many scenarios running through his mind for him to speak openly. He wanted to know how Webb found them as much as everyone else. Zeus couldn't give any weight to his theories while they were on the run. One theory involved Webb. He didn't know who Webb had on her side. As much as it pained him to even consider the possibility, she could have better tech than them. And the second was that someone had talked, had given away their location to Webb. Any person in this tunnel with them could be a suspect and those on the Raptodon warship.

Zeus didn't want to think it was one of his friends. People he trusted, but it was still a possibility.

He took his portable tech pod from his pocket; glancing at it while keeping Tati close to his chest.

"Angel, do me the kindness of touching these buttons." Zeus said, naming them off in the Wolfeen language. Tati would understand them now. Thanks to the translator in her ear, her trembling finger tapping each key on the tech pad as he spoke.

"What was that for? I hardly think right now is a good time to be making phone calls."

Phone? Calls? Zeus didn't understand.

Something about his tech pad must have been familiar to her.

"I've set the entire house above us with explosives on the walls connected to a digital link through my tech pad." He explained as they reached the underground garage.

"We can't risk flying out." Castian called to Apollo as he was headed straight for the jet with Erika in his arms.

The Wolfeen stopped, looking around at the vehicles for a moment before he nodded and set Erika on her feet. Zeus put Tati down at his side, but his hand never left hers.

His mind working systematically for the moment. Knowing later, he would panic and his self-loathing would kick in somewhere along the way. He'd had Tati for less than twenty-four hours and already her life was in more danger with him than she ever was out in the world alone. But he couldn't focus on the other voices being muffled in the back of his mind.

"You mean the house will explode?" she asked.

Castian and Apollo selected keys from the wall. Pointing towards vehicles, who would be in what? It would take three to get them all out and down the mountain. They would need to stick to the secluded roads. If Webb was already sending assassins to kill them and take the hybrids, she wouldn't care about a little collateral damage.

"Yes. But we're safe down here. As soon as you touched the last key, the bombs already went off. You couldn't even hear them, could you?"

Tati's face blanched as she glanced up at the ceiling to confirm what he said. The tunnels were reinforced. Zeus had planned everything.

Well, almost everything.