Chapter 111-115

Chapter 111

A huge ruins of the city.

This used to be a metropolis full of high-rise buildings and busy traffic, but a world disaster turned this place into ruins. If viewed from the sky, the city looks like a giant garbage dump. Although this place is no longer suitable for human survival, people still often come here to get the survival supplies buried under the ice, snow and ruins.

People come here in groups to search for treasures, expecting to find more supplies from the ruins. These people were unlucky today. They encountered a snowstorm not long after leaving the accommodation. There was basically no hope of finding supplies in such weather.

In the heavy snow, a small team struggled to walk in the knee-deep snow. There are not many people in the team, only five people, big and small, each carrying a big bag. The wind was howling, and a group of people walked very hard.

Suddenly a small figure at the end of the line staggered and almost fell. Fortunately, the strong man next to him gave him a hand, so that he would not fall into a dog and shit.

"Xiaohua, how are you?"

"Uncle, I'm fine, I stepped on a rock and couldn't stand."

"Be careful, or I will help you carry it."

"It's okay, I can do it."

Xu Hua picked up the package that fell on the ground, gritted his teeth and put it on his shoulder again. His whole body was frozen unconscious, and he followed the team step by step, although he was slow, he did not fall behind. Their team has been searching in this ruins for several days without much success. This piece of ruins has long been turned over by countless people, and the amount of remnants is very small. I was lucky today, I found a place where materials were buried not long after I came out. But it didn't take long to make them happy when a snowstorm came and they had to go back to camp. The captain wrote down the location where the materials were buried, and when the weather cleared, they would dig back again.

Xu Hua is just fourteen years old this year, and this time he went out with his uncle to look for supplies. He is young and weak, and does not contribute much, so the supplies are very small, but he has to come out.

The group finally returned to the camp after untold hardships.

It is said that the camp is actually a damaged house that was not collapsed in the earthquake. The house has a large area and looks very strong, so many teams who came out to search for supplies came to stay at night.

Gradually, this place became an accommodation camp, with a constant flow of people all year round.

Back at the camp, Xu Huacai carefully put down the bag on his shoulder. Uncle Fang Jian handed him a cup of hot water. Drinking hot water, his body gradually warmed up. At this moment, he felt as if he had come alive.

Fang Jian saw that Xu Hua's pale face gradually recovered a little color, and then he let go of his heart. He patted the seat beside him and said, "Xiao Hua, come and sit."

Xu Hua moved his hands and feet, walked to his uncle with a cup and sat down.

"How do you feel? Can you hold on?" Fang Jian asked.

"Yes, uncle, don't worry about me, I'll just take a rest." Xu Hua said firmly. No matter what, he must persevere.

"Boy, good job, it might be a bit difficult for the first time, but you will get used to it after a few more times, and now your family can only rely on you, alas."

Thinking of the situation of Xu Hua's family, Fang Jian couldn't help but sigh. There's no way, it's not easy to live in this world, and he can't protect himself, so there's really nothing he can do to help. This time, he was able to bring Xiaohua out because he begged the captain for a long time, otherwise, who would be willing to bring a half-grown child, and would have to share the supplies if he couldn't do his best. Fortunately, Xiaohua was up to the challenge and performed very well, which made it not too difficult for him to do.