Marry Me - Koby x reader

Requested by: Gaspar_the_deluded

I hope this is at least close to what you wanted!! 🫶

Also, modern day AU!

___________________________________

*Y/n's POV*

My love life before him... was never good. But now that I'm with him, it's like nothing happened before hand. He makes me so happy. His timidness. His dedication to being a marine. Everything he has ever been or stood for is what makes him... well... Koby.

Koby and I have been dating for... almost 2 years, I wanna say. He makes me so very happy! His loyalty to his friends and his career as a marine make him shine brightly in my eyes. Actually, we met through our mutual pirate friend Luffy. And I'm thankful for that.

Earlier today, Koby told me that he was taking me somewhere and to dress nicely. So that brings us to where we currently are... in our shared closet trying to find the perfect outfit. Do I wear a floral dress? Do I wear a skirt and a shirt? What about shorts?

"KOBY!!!" I shout, trying to get him to come here. He runs in a few moments later panting.

"What's wrong?" He asks

"I can't figure out what to wear..." I say and look at him. "SOOOO I figured you could help me."

He sighs. "Close your eyes" he says, and I do. I hear ruffling and then I feel clothes being placed in my hands. He leads me to the bathroom and shuts the door. I open my eyes and look at the outfit.

*Imagine something nice you'd wear. I don't wanna just put something that nobody would wear*

I smile widely and hurriedly get dressed. I walk out of the bathroom after admiring the outfit in the mirror. I run to my closet and put on my favorite shoes. I am not going ANYWHERE without them, I swear.

Koby walks back in and instantly stops and stares at my outfit, blushing wildly. "Are you ok, baby?" I ask with a giggle.

"O-oh! Absolutely!" He gets flustered and fidgets with the hem of his dress shirt. Damn he cleans up nice. "Anyways! Let's get going." He grabs my hand and leads me to the car. He suddenly goes a blindfold around my eyes and I gasp.

"Huh-?" I say, confused

"I don't need your surprise to get spoiled too early." He says, his beautiful accent instantly relaxes me as I nod.

I feel him start up the car and begin driving. After what felt like hours, we finally arrived somewhere. But it doesn't seem like my blindfold is being removed yet. Sadly. I feel him lead me somewhere and then I'm blinded by several little lights around me.

I look around and turn to find Koby on one knee.

"Y/n, I know we've only been dating for two years, but they've been the greatest two years of my life. I'm so thankful to have you, and I don't know how I would've become this strong of a marine without you. You make my days and my life brighter just by being in it..." He says

I smile at him, tears of happiness welling up into my eyes.

"... so I wanted to ask you a serious question that I'm certainly hoping you don't refuse. Y/n L/n, will you make me that happiest person on this earth, happier than Pirates and Marines alike, and will you marry me?"

I gasp and nod. "YES! ABSOLUTELY! I WOULD LOVE TO!" I smile and tears escape my eyes. I lean down and kiss his lips. He pulls away and slips the ring onto my finger as his eyes stay focused on mine. The ring is so beautiful!

*Insert your dream wedding ring here*

I hug him tightly. I'm so ready to have a life with him. Have a future with him. Have kids with him. Grow old. And die. All with him.

____________________________________

Word count: 653

I hope everybody enjoyed that one. I feel like it was kinda short or cringe. But, all together, I liked it. Thank you all for being so interested in my reading! I love you all!

- slxz3rs ❤️