Love me, not him - Morgan x Reader

REQUESTED BY: fallenfire9192

I HOPE YOU ENJOY AND THANK YOU ALL FOR SUCH AMAZING AND NICE COMMENTS!!
___________________________________

*Y/N's POV*

What do you do when you have a major crush on someone but have a feeling they'll never like you back? You pretend to date someone else. I know, smart, right? Anyways, g/n (guy's name) and I have known each other for YEARS and he recently confessed to me. I turned him down lightly because I like someone else. Someone named Morgan Davies. But nobody knows.

I then thought about it for a few days and... maybe he can help me get over Morgan?

I text him to meet up and then head to the meeting spot. I see him and smile, walking over to him.

"Ok, so, I know you confessed to me and I rejected you, but... do you think we could try something?" I ask

He blushes, but nods

"S-Sure... what's up?" He asks

"Do you think we could try to fake date? And try to see if I can eventually catch feelings for you?"

He smiles and nods excitedly

"Absolutely!" He responds excitedly.

And this begin our fake dating.

***TIME SKIP TO 3 MONTHS LATER***

We're still in our fake relationship. I... I don't think I'm enjoying it. He keeps trying to kiss me and shit, but the only thing I'm comfortable with is handholding... BUT, something good has come out of this.

I keep seeing Morgan staring at me. I don't know why he is, but he is. I look back at him, of course. But it always seems like he's... glaring?

I'm walking down the street, g/n having had to go do something, hence leaving me to myself. Not that I cared. I love walking alone. It helps clear my mind. But then I see... Morgan. I smile and give him a little wave. He realizes it's me and rushes over to me.

"Hey, y/n. How have you been?" He asks as he looks into my eyes.

I smile and slightly blush as he talks to me. I may be used to it, but he still gives me butterflies when we have conversations. Even the smallest "hi" has the biggest effect on me.

"O-oh! I've been amazing! I've had a boyfriend for 3 months now... and it's going good... I think. He's actually been being distant recently." I say as I look down.

"Listen, I'm gonna be honest, but he doesn't deserve you. You deserve better. I know you love him, but what do you even see in him? I'm not trying to be jealous, but, I'm gonna be honest, I am jealous. I have loved you for the longest time. And, I was gonna confess, but you being in that relationship threw me off a lot. But I can see it in your eyes you don't wanna be in it anymore. So... at least give me a thought, ok? Please... love me, not him."

I blush at the sudden confession. I never expected that he would ever like, or... love me. I look into his beautiful blue eyes.

"You... love me?" I whisper. "I... I love you. I do. And I don't wanna be in this relationship that I'm in anymore. I don't like him. I never did. We just agreed to be in a fake relationship. I told him we can see if I catch feelings for him, but I didn't. So I want to break up with him. I want to be with you. But I don't know how."

I look into his eyes and see a flicker of happiness. I smile at him and give him a kiss on his cheek. "I'm gonna do it tonight."

I give him my number and then walk away, waving goodbye to Morgan.

I find g/n at his house and knock on his bedroom door. I hear shuffling and some whispering. Ahh... someone else is in there. I open the door and see him with his underwear on and some girl covered in his blanket.

"I came here to try to break up with you, but now it's easier. I don't love you. I never grew to love you. Plus you're sleeping with this girl... not gonna lie, she's beautiful. I'm not gonna pretend to be hurt by it. I'm actually happy. Goodbye!"

I smile and run back out of his house, dialing up Morgan. The phone rings a few times and then he answers.

"Hello? Y/n? Is that you?" He asks, sounding confused.

"Yep! And guess what!" I say, a small hint of excitement in my voice.

"Did you do it? Did you break up with him?" He asks, and I hear some happiness in his tone.

"Yep! And he was sleeping with someone else!"

I hear a chuckle through the phone. "I told you he didn't deserve you."

I smile, a small amount of blush spreading all over my face. I pull the phone away from my ear and switch it to FaceTime. He answers the FaceTime and I smile at him.

"Hi" I smile.

"Hi" he says and I see the widest smile on his face.

He's so adorable! Oh my gosh!

"So... will you be my girlfriend?" He asks

I smile but decide to mess with him.

"Ohhh. I don't know... I just got out of a relationship..." I giggle and pretend to be contemplating it.

"Oh? Come on~" he says in a teasing tone.

"I guess so... I guess I'll be your girlfriend." I say, pretending to not care, when all I want is his touch.

I smile at him and see him smiling back at me. Today... today turned out wonderful!

____________________________________

Word count: 951 words

I'm sorry if that was bad!! It took me two days to think of what to write. I feel like it did kind of go off the edge closer to the end. But I hope y'all at least go liked it! Stay safe and drink water!

-slxz3rs ❤️