Hanahaki - Koby x reader

Requested by: fallenfire9192

I've never written a hanahaki fanfic yet, so I hope this turns out well for the first one! Also, I'm making it more of modern day AU, but the Marines still exist!! Enjoy!!
____________________________________

*Y/n POV*

Feelings. Emotions. Something that, as a human being, I find hard to control and easy to give away. However, giving emotions away so easily has else to my trust being shattered. I find it hard to trust people, but give it away. Which leads me to now...

I'm sitting with my current boyfriend, g/n. Since, he's a marine, we're at a marine hang out, where my guy friend and his friend are. My guy friend, Koby, has short pink hair and round purple glasses. His friend has a funky ass haircut and his name is Helmeppo.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen either of them for a while. Hmm. Maybe they're... doing something. I look over at g/n and smile at him, seeing him enjoying himself. I walk over to him and kiss his cheek. The amount of love I have for him is... astronomical.

G/n and I have been dating for almost a year and it's been the happiest year of my life. I don't know what I'd do without him.

__________________

*Koby's POV*

Here I am, in the bathroom, throwing up rose petals, with Helmeppo rubbing and patting my back. Once I'm finally done throwing up, for now, I lean against the wall and wipe my mouth, panting for air.

I look at Helmeppo and see the level of concern and worry on his face. I smile  weakly at him, and attempt to comfort me.

"I'm ok, I promise," I whisper. I lean my head back, hair sticking to my sweaty forehead.

"You're clearly not ok. You're throwing up a lot of rose petals. It'll eventually turn into full-on roses if we don't go with one of the solutions. You can either... get the surgery to remove the flowers, thus removing your feelings regarding Y/n, or you can confess and hope for her to feel the same. You can't just leave itz you'll die."

I see tears beginning to well up in his eyes and smile softly at him.

"I can't bring myself to do either one of those options. So... I guess I'm gonna just deal with it. I love her too much to get the surgery and remove mh feelings. But... I can't get myself to confess to her. I know she doesn't love me back. She loves G/n. And I'm ok with that. Completely ok with it. I just want her to be happy."

I feel the tickling in my throat and lean over the toilet again and begin throwing them up again. This is gonna be a long, but short, life.

***Time skip to the third stage of Koby's Hanahaki***

*Still Koby's POV*

I lay in my bed and lean over the edge, coughing up and throwing up full roses. But it's hard to breath. I'm guessing the vines and roots have fully engulfed my lungs. Or at least almost have.

Helmeppo is at my side and I smile weakly at him between the times I throw up.

"I guess I don't have the option anymore, do I?" I jokingly smile.

"I guess not." Tears stream down his face and I see the sorrow in his eyes.

"I'm sorry for this... I'm sorry I couldn't choose any of the options. I hate that this happened, but feelings should always be respected." I whisper, my voice being raspy.