Anxiety - Koby x reader

NOT REQUESTED

ENJOY!!!

⚠️
ALSO, MENTIONS OF AN ANXIETY ATTACK ⚠️

___________________

Y/n's POV

Bro, in all honesty, fuck anxiety. It hurts at the worst times and I never know what to do about it. So I just try to hide it. Which usually works. Until I met him, nobody could even tell when my anxiety was bad. But, he somehow manages to read me so well. Which I love about him.

A few days ago, we were at a marine get together, and even though I'm not a marine, I was allowed in. I don't do the best in crowds, but I try. He was talking to Helmeppo and they walked away, accidentally leaving me. And, since I didn't know what they were talking about, I didn't want to intrude by following them. So I stayed put.

I started realizing how crowded it was and it led to my anxiety rising. I gripped onto the sleeve of my shirt to keep calm, but it didn't work. I backed into the corner I was in and sunk to the floor, bringing my knees up to my chest. I burry my face into them and my breathing picks up.

I'm guessing Koby realized I wasn't with them anymore, because, after a few minutes, I heard him yelling my name. But I couldn't answer. I couldn't move. I was frozen in place. My breathing picked up in pace. And tears began streaming down my face.

After a few more minutes, I feel his arms wrap around me and pull me into his chest.

"What's wrong with her?" I hear Helmeppo's judgemental tone ask, and then I hear Koby sigh.

"She has anxiety. And it gets worse when she's in crows, especially alone." He explained it to Helmeppo as I wrapped my arms around his torso. "Shhh. It's ok. You're ok. I'm with you now. I'm so sorry for leaving you. I won't do it again." He comforts me as he rubs the back of my head.

I sniffle and hide my face in the crook of his neck and I feel his arms tighten around me. "I'm sorry.." I whisper. I felt bad for ruining his night.

"No. There's no reason for you to be sorry. You're my number one priority. You're above everything else." As he says that, he kisses the top of my head.

I feel him pick me up. "Helmeppo, I'm gonna take her home. I'll see you tomorrow." And with that, Koby begins carrying me.

"You don't have to carry me. I don't want you hurting yourse-"

"I want to carry you. I want to hold you in my arms and show that you're ok. Show you that I won't leave you again. Show you that you're safe. I will always protect you."

I smile up at him. "Wow. I love you" I whisper and lay my head back down against his shoulder.

"I love you too, Y/n. More than anything."

We finally reach home and he carries us to our room. He sets me on the bed and I look up at him, my eyes red and puffy from crying earlier. He leans down and presses a quick kiss to my lips before smiling at me.

"You wanna go take a relaxing bath? I wash you." He smiles at me with his right hand resting against my cheek. I nod.

I begin getting up but he picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder. "Nope. It's supposed to be relaxing. Meaning you're not walking."

I giggle at his actions. I love this man so much, that not even words can describe it. He starts the bath and I begin getting undressed behind him, wrapping myself in a towel in the mean time. He turns to me and smiles.

"You ready?"

I nod and walk closer to the bath tub. I slowly remove the towel and climb into the bath, sitting down and bringing my knees back to my chest as I warm up due to the water. I close my eyes and enjoy the warmth as I hear the rustling of clothes and then the splash of water as he climbs in behind me.

When he is fully sitting down, I lean back against his chest and he wraps his arms around my waist.

"You're so beautiful" he says, causing me to smile up at him.

I sit up and turn around to face him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He leans in for a kiss and, as our lips connect, he pulls me closer. I don't know what I would ever do without him. He's amazing!

____________________________________

Word count: 774

I hope you guys enjoyed this one! I did this one because I remember all of the times I've had bad anxiety and people have told me that I'm overreacting. So I figured this one would work. Honestly, it took me forever to write. Anyways, stay safe and drink water! I love you all!!

- slxz3rs ❤️